What's your picky eater score?

I admire you for cooking such great food given your intolerances etc. I think I'd just give up!
I'm learning fast how to adapt many of the new recipes I come across. I've managed without fish, shellfish, bananas, and celery for so long now. I always strikes me as odd that the very foods I am allergic to were all the ones that I didn't eat when I was young because I didn't like them. Maybe my body was trying to tell me something even then. Mayo is a nightmare even though I am fine with the individual ingredients. I do miss grapefruit, but that can sometimes be fatal with one of my meds.....

There's only 7 I'd never eat: oysters, snails, coffee, peanut butter, coconut, olives, avocado. But there are a few others that I'd probably only eat if they were an ingredient in something eg. celery, blue cheese, courgette. I don't consider myself a picky eater though :p:

There's only 7 I'd never eat: oysters, snails, coffee, peanut butter, coconut, olives, avocado. But there are a few others that I'd probably only eat if they were an ingredient in something eg. celery, blue cheese, courgette. I don't consider myself a picky eater though :p:

That is picky. I think you are deluding yourself. :laugh:

I admire you for cooking such great food given your intolerances etc. I think I'd just give up!

I've found that food restrictions (husband is severely allergic to gluten and I cant eat dairy and most meats due to a problem with my digestive system that makes me unwell) make me even more interested in cooking. I cook what we can both eat (most of the time) and adapt what I can with varying success, but at least we know we wont get Ill.

This weekend is husband's birthday so I am cooking him some of his favourite dishes - lamb chops with mint sauce, potatoes and spring greens. Pud will be banoffee pie. I'll have the potatoes, spring greens and bananas. :okay:

Last edited:
Maybe more than you think as we have members who are vegetarian, vegan and also those with intolerances and allergies.

The above relates to me....I got 10.....but have some intolerances and am mostly vegetarian and eat a bit of fish. I don't consider myself picky as such as eat a massive range of things that probably many would turn their noses up at. Just can't think what those things are right now....:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only times that I can have liver is when we're dining out.

I'm not allowed to make it at home. My wife was force fed it so often when she was a kid that she hates it with a passion.

I bought buffalo liver and tongue a few years ago and had to hide it in the back of the garage freezer like an alcoholic's secret stash of vodka.

Fun thread, but I only scored one point.
Not surprising though, after all I AM a food guy.
However I refuse to eat snails, they taste like Michelin Tires.
The off road type, with the big knobs on the tread.

Fun thread, but I only scored one point.
Not surprising though, after all I AM a food guy.
However I refuse to eat snails, they taste like Michelin Tires.
The off road type, with the big knobs on the tread.

I will have to take your word for that, never eaten a tyre before not even ones with big knobs :unsure: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom