What's your picky eater score?

Seven, but most were/are due to problems with them.

Maybe more than you think as we have members who are vegetarian, vegan and also those with intolerances and allergies.
I score zero if I could eat everything (I've tried them all) but score about 8 when I count things I can not eat for medical reasons. And add another two for tofu and bread as I can't have those in the house due to gluten contamination.

Four. But it would be five if grasshoppers were on the list.

[Edit: I would reduce that to three if smoked salmon is considered "raw fish"]

Last edited:
You don't like liver and bacon or liver in onion gravy or calves liver in Marsala sauce? I could go on....

Raisins is an odd thing to be picky about - in which dishes don't you like them?

I'll eat chicken liver in pate and dirty rice, pork liver in Boudin and Foie Gras, probably a few other dishes. I won't eat raisins out of the box, don.t like the texture, nor any bread or cereal that contain them.

Last edited:
I'll eat chicken liver in pate and dirty rice, pork liver in Boudin and Foie Gras, probably a few other dishes. I won't eat raisins out of the box, don.t like the texture, nor any bread or cereal that contain them.

A curious one the not liking raisins out of the box - you like currants but not raisins? What is the difference and what about sultanas? Sorry if I'm interrogating you @CraigC!

A curious one the not liking raisins out of the box - you like currants but not raisins? What is the difference and what about sultanas? Sorry if I'm interrogating you @CraigC!

Never have liked raisins by themselves and sub currants for them for most dishes. I prefer golden raisins in Picadillo and looking at a picture of sultanas, they appear to be golden raisins.

Twelve! But there was only one thing out of those that I wouldn't eat - the other eleven are all things I am either allergic/intolerant to or must not eat because of interactions with meds. I did count ranch dressing on the principle that it could well have mayo in it.

Twelve! But there was only one thing out of those that I wouldn't eat - the other eleven are all things I am either allergic/intolerant to or must not eat because of interactions with meds. I did count ranch dressing on the principle that it could well have mayo in it.

I admire you for cooking such great food given your intolerances etc. I think I'd just give up!

Zero here as well, love livers and gravy , also one of my faves is chicken liver pate. If tripe was on the list I would be 1, this stems from my late mother forcing me to eat it as a kid, man I HATE tripe.

Russ

If choosing from a menu in French (unless you read and speak it) never order Andouillette. I made that mistake once, thinking it was small Andouille sausages.:eek:

pork liver in Boudin and Foie Gras

There is no pork in Foie Gras, only duck or goose liver.

From the list I will not eat canned tuna, I cannot get past the stink of it. I dislike the texture of Courgette/Zucchini so would normally avoid.

I think @CraigC just meant these were the types of liver he would eat - and Foie Gras was one of them along with pork liver in Boudin.

Yes, he knows quite well the difference as he bought some foie gras for my bithday a couple of years ago and we had a couple of dishes of seared slices and I made a torchon with the rest.

Yes I've eaten in France, even had dinner up the Eiffel Tower about 15 years ago. And no, I wouldn't order that. I studied French at school for 2 years,I can't speak it but my reading is pretty good. Well I think it's good. Surprising how something I studied came back to after all those years.

Russ
If choosing from a menu in French (unless you read and speak it) never order Andouillette. I made that mistake once, thinking it was small Andouille sausages.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom