Who has a simple, easy hamburger bun recipe?

Then there's also tortillas used as buns. These are homemade tortillas made with fresh sage in them, with a sage/onion/mustard condiment, with guacamole used instead of mayo. Another Burger Meister recipe that we both love.
full.jpg

Okay, I made them. Getting ready to bake them. I like a flatter bread for my deli sandwiches over my hamburger buns. I also made mine more of an oval shape rather than round. I am making some turkey sandwiches soon and these will be perfect. I will freeze whatever I don't use.

So the lady in the video made it seem easy to keep your hands from getting stuck with dough and still keeping the dough moist. It was a little tricky but I got it.

Thanks for sharing, Burt! And thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Last edited:
Then there's also tortillas used as buns. These are homemade tortillas made with fresh sage in them, with a sage/onion/mustard condiment, with guacamole used instead of mayo. Another Burger Meister recipe that we both love.
View attachment 47471
Could you imagine this with a chorizo burger?

Could you imagine this with a chorizo burger?

I don't know about an all chorizo burger, but a local dive, but upscale burger place makes a half and half burger, which Craig orders more often than not since he really likes it. It has to be cooked all the way through though, no pink. They refuse to serve it any other way.

I don't know about an all chorizo burger, but a local dive, but upscale burger place makes a half and half burger, which Craig orders more often than not since he really likes it. It has to be cooked all the way through though, no pink. They refuse to serve it any other way.
No, I didn't mean an all chorizo burger but a blend like Craig gets. It sounds good!

No, I didn't mean an all chorizo burger but a blend like Craig gets. It sounds good!

The place is called "The Burger Stop". Not sure if they are a chain. The have some great gourmet burgers and several Funky Budda beers on tap.

I'm thinking I might use your recipe for homemade chorizo in the near future and blend it with some nice ground beef tenderloin, and then bake 40 minute buns suggested by TastyReuben for them. One of these days I am going to try the Brioche recipe from medtran49

Okay, I made them. Getting ready to bake them. I like a flatter bread for my deli sandwiches over my hamburger buns. I also made mine more of an oval shape rather than round. I am making some turkey sandwiches soon and these will be perfect. I will freeze whatever I don't use.

So the lady in the video made it seem easy to keep your hands from getting stuck with dough and still keeping the dough moist. It was a little tricky but I got it.

View attachment 47737

Thanks for sharing, Burt! And thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Turkey sandwiches with Burt's buns (I know that sounds totally weird).

View attachment 48245
Turkey sandwiches with Burt's buns (I know that sounds totally weird).

Jas_OH, you did a great job. I made the 40 minute hamburger bun suggested by TastyReuben and also had the same problem with the wet dough. I didn't realize I didn't have another bag of flour until it was too late. I had just enough for the recipe and kneading. I wore gloves and sprayed them with non-stick spray which I think helped some. I'm glad yours turned out for you. It looks delicious!

Jas_OH, you did a great job. I made the 40 minute hamburger bun suggested by TastyReuben and also had the same problem with the wet dough. I didn't realize I didn't have another bag of flour until it was too late. I had just enough for the recipe and kneading. I wore gloves and sprayed them with non-stick spray which I think helped some. I'm glad yours turned out for you. It looks delicious!
Oh but this one was Burt's video recipe. Really similar but a flatbread bun instead. But wet sticky dough, yes.

Back
Top Bottom