Your favourite lettuce or other salad leaves

Not sure what that is but I love the name.
Maybe know with the name songino?

ananas.jpg

Not sure what that is but I love the name.
I had to look it up, not familiar with it either. I saw some sort of reference to lamb's lettuce and corn salad but I don't know what that is, either. Was wondering if it was related to the plant Valerian, the roots of which are used in herbal medicine?

We keep Romaine hearts in the fridge. George's fave. It works well in a salad and on a sandwich. I like mixed spring greens and any of the leafy lettuce. I have not done much in the garden for the last couple of years. Leaf lettuce was always a fall crop for me. Lettuce, cabbage, spinach, mustard greens, turnups and beets are all fall crops in my region. They cannot take our hot, humid summers.

I have no favorite lettuce and flip flop around, preferring to have a changing variety of lettuce, often on salads, or layered in sandwiches for the most part.

Romaine, lettuce, butterhead. That's about all I know of and I love them all in that order.

My go to is iceberg because I was bought up with it. Me cutting lettuce up for salads with my mum.

Russ
I was brought up on iceberg too. As soon as i found out about lettuce that had flavor, i never looked back. For salads I would prefer something more colorful but if someone put iceberg in front of me I wouldn't turn up my nose.

Back
Top Bottom