Your Photos

To maintain a Scottish theme, a few pictures from yesterday's little jaunt to Pitlochry. Pitlochry is about 30 miles north of Perth, on the south-western edge of the Cairngorm National Park.

A couple of views from the dam:

View attachment 7441 View attachment 7442

You know how to make someone feel homesick... So very beauftiul and unique.

I miss not going up to Loch Rannoch and Rannoch itself. There are many areas where you can see things like the north York moors, the Yorkshire dales and even Dartmoor & Exmoor but I have yet to find anywhere that resembles Loch Rannoch and Rannoch itself sadly and it will be a while before we are back there :( :cry:

Oh! And the Guilford Arms! Wow!

The Guildford Arms is a very fine establishment and one frequented by members of this household when we lived in Edinburgh. There is a wide and frequently excellent selection of cask ales and the Guildford is one of the few pubs where you see Orkney Brewery's magnificent Dragonhead Stout on tap regularly. They have quite regular beer festivals and I can recall, though not with enormous clarity, an afternoon sampling myriad beers from the south-west of England.

Strange reflection...........

cloud 13.JPG

Strange reflection...........

View attachment 7472
What do you think is strange about it?

this one is strange

img_8618a.jpg

Look at the waist line on the sun! It's more a figure of 8. I also have one somewhere where there are 2 complete reflections in the water of a single sun!

(BTW its called a mock mirage sunset caused by a temperature inversion in the atmosphere which splits the rays of light we see into 2 distinct paths... so we actually see a single object the other side of the atmosphere, twice.

The sunset in the sky is horizontal - the reflection appears vertical. I just found it strange.
that;s just the camera not being able to expose that area of sky correctly along with all of the other exposures it needs. So it will have a full range of total dark and total light. It's simply the camera not being able to handle the full exposure range. That's all. (sorry)

And closer to home, this is Henry, our groundhog. (He lives under our shed and comes out on nice days to graze on the weeds in our lawn. At night, he raids our crappy neighbor's veggie garden :devil:).

0603171133_HDR.jpg

0603171133f_HDR.jpg

Sorry about the low res. This was my cell phone camera on full digi zoom.

After seeing creative's pictures in the hobbies thread, and after posting a lot of pictures of my own recently, I thought it might be nice to see pictures from everyone from all around the world, but that are not necessarily food related.
Pictures of where you live, or places you've been, or any picture you've taken that you'd like to share.

I'll start; here is a picture that I love that I took one night at a small lake just down the road from my house. My local fishin' hole, as it were. It was such a pretty night.

View attachment 6080

@buckytom

What a lovely idea .. And what sensational photography. Did you take that photo with a 35mm or a Cell Tablet / I - Phone ?

Have a lovely weekend.

Back
Top Bottom