Your Photos

1512725092905360057150.jpg

The peak district in the snow. View from my parents house.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 12087
Out in the woods yesterday with the dogs.

View attachment 12088
The back of the house this morning. A quickly realised that standing underneath and looking up probably wasn't the best idea.
Fantastic. I'd much rather be wrapped up warm and snug than suffering this heat, trust me. Even my chickens are not impressed. The thing about Australia is the rapid transition between winter and summer. There is a huge temperature difference. Only last month, literally 13 days ago, we were needing the fire in the evenings and it was below freezing (at night). Now it's like it never happened and we are officially experiencing a heat wave. It's crazy.

When it gets below 70F here, alligators climb out of the water to "sun". Being ectotherms, they can't self regulate body temperature. Caught this one while cruising Janes Scenic Drive in the Fakahatchee Strand area of the Everglades. It was in the middle of the dirt road and moved to the side as we approached.
36788-albums310-picture5933.jpg

When it gets below 70F here, alligators climb out of the water to "sun". Being ectotherms, they can't self regulate body temperature. Caught this one while cruising Janes Scenic Drive in the Fakahatchee Strand area of the Everglades. It was in the middle of the dirt road and moved to the side as we approached.
36788-albums310-picture5933.jpg
I've only ever been close to alligators (and baby ones at that) in a cocktail bar in Mayfair. My son-in-law's friends had a reptile place which used to sell caimans, some of which were quite large, but they were behind very thick glass. I don't think I'd like to come across any of them in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom