Your Photos

I closed the shutters at the NW end of my house late yesterday afternoon and found this little guy hiding behind one of them.

I don't know what type of bat he/she is. Maybe I'll research him (or her) later. He (or she) had flown away within the hour and hopefully has found a new place to kip in the daytime.

View attachment 19565

Besides the bat, are torque head screws used a lot in Europe?

are torque head screws used a lot in Europe?

I couldn't possibly comment about 'in Europe'. But they do seem to be a popular choice for fixing the metal 'Z's to external doors and shutters in our little neck of the woods.

Bats are so cute. Their little hands look so human. When i lived in the dorms in college i somehow became the person that everyone came to when there was an animal with an issue. So i was outside at a picnic table sketching in my drawing tablet and two guys came up to me and told me a bat had just fell out of a tree and landed on the hood of their car in the parking lot. So i went and fetched a shoebox from my closet and scooped up the little bat with the lid. I had never been that close to a bat before and he was so very human like. Off i went to the animal rehibilitator to hand off my fallen bat. Seems the little guy had some kind of infection that was throwing his balance off. They fixed him up and released him 10 days later.

I do enjoy watching them dip and dive in the backyard in the evening catching bugs for dinner.

Bats are so cute. Their little hands look so human. When i lived in the dorms in college i somehow became the person that everyone came to when there was an animal with an issue. So i was outside at a picnic table sketching in my drawing tablet and two guys came up to me and told me a bat had just fell out of a tree and landed on the hood of their car in the parking lot. So i went and fetched a shoebox from my closet and scooped up the little bat with the lid. I had never been that close to a bat before and he was so very human like. Off i went to the animal rehibilitator to hand off my fallen bat. Seems the little guy had some kind of infection that was throwing his balance off. They fixed him up and released him 10 days later.

I do enjoy watching them dip and dive in the backyard in the evening catching bugs for dinner.

We have some around our way, gorgeous little things.

I closed the shutters at the NW end of my house late yesterday afternoon and found this little guy hiding behind one of them.

I don't know what type of bat he/she is. Maybe I'll research him (or her) later. He (or she) had flown away within the hour and hopefully has found a new place to kip in the daytime.

View attachment 19565

Looks like a Little Brown, or a type of Mouse Eared bat.

Very cool. I love bats, too.

I've collected enough scraps of wood so that my son and I can make bat boxes to put in the trees on the back of my property one day.

It was a pretty night for one last run for the summer on the Little Girl:

1001181835b_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

My son saw a hawk descend from the sky into our backyard today with his kill.

We snuck outside and watched him rip apart the poor little beast he had caught.

I couldn't get close enough for a good shot, but here his is from a distance.

1006181244.jpg
1006181244a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom