Your Photos

Food photos??

I tend to overdo birthday cakes..that I've never tried before..
View attachment 14426
First baked Alaska..with homemade cherry ice cream, et-all
Alton Brown cut out a wood map of Alaska..so I HAD to do the same on a scrap of plywood :)

First time making a croquembouche..
..used a dollar store(pound store) styrofoam tree cone, wrapped with parchment
Made ~60+ profiteroles and filled them all with a cream custard (PITA)
All fused with hot sugar syrup..
a bit lop-sided...but it was a rushed first time...:unsure:
View attachment 14427

:thumbsup:

First time making a..

Wow! This and the cake are both looking fabulous. I've seen Chefs on TV making croquembouche and I know its technical and time consuming. Bravo! :bravo:

PS. I keep changing your images to full-size. If you post them as thumbnails you aren't doing them justice. Just click on 'full image' when you put them in your post. PM me if you need help with this.

A bit of a sunset last night and my last from this hospital window...

DSC_2840.JPG

Nice sunset pic! :)
Will you be able to see a/the Aurora Australis tonight/tomorrow? (we're supposed to get a big solar flare today/tomorrow)

Nice sunset pic! :)
Will you be able to see a/the Aurora Australis tonight/tomorrow? (we're supposed to get a big solar flare today/tomorrow)
It is possible to see it here, but it would need to be a major flare. Generally it is only the very south Eastern tip of Australia that sees it I understand but if the south of England can see it, there's no reason as to why we wouldn't except for cloud cover (guess what we have currently).

The 2 at either end look like twins.

Yes, we call them the twins. They are litter brothers we adopted 2 years ago from the local pet shelter. They're nearly identical except for a bit more white on Taivya's nose.

On the left is Benjamin Franklin the 3rd, in the middle is Mush Bushka, and on the right is Taivya Mastervitz.

Our 4th shelter cat, Sammy Davis Jr, Jr is not pictured. He has feline Aids so he stays in a seperate end of the house so as not to pass it on to the other cats. Sammy has several aliases including Aids Kitty, and Mohammed ibn Catbar. (He was upset that his private litter box wasn't cleaned one day, so he tipped over a small American flag on a TV stand nearby and peed on it in protest. We figured he might be Muslim, hence the name)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom