Your real thoughts of McDonalds

McDonalds is one of the most popular fast food restaurants here in the US and I am not sure why.
Marketing

Taste is subjective. Some people will like it, some won't. But McD was able to avoid this limitation that all other restaurants experienced by marketing to kids. They made the McD a destination that kids nagged their parents to visit. They gave them Happy Meals with a free toy, they always co-ordinated their advertising and toy giveaways to launch in-step with the latest kids movies. They had Ronald McDonald! (OK, that might have worked against them in some ways) Maybe a lot of the parents hated the food, but it was quick and it was a sure way to shut the kids up on those long road trips. Besides, kids have to be treated once in a while. With enough exposure, maybe some of the parents became converts.

And what happened to those kids when they grew up? They continued eating there. It was familiar, it was comfort food. It became an American institution. Replicate this process over a couple of generations and you have a huge following

You nailed the answer Littlelilly, you are totally right in your logic. My kid's beg for McDonald's sometimes and I give in because I see the twinkle in their eyes when we pull in. We do not eat there very often and I make sure it is a treat for the family and not an expectation. If I had my way, we would never eat there.

Any fast food chain out there is unhealthy. I'm pretty sure we all know that. But the fact that it's unhealthy doesn't really change people's minds nowadays. As long as it's delicious and they don't see present changes in their health or body, then they're fine. I personally don't like eating at fast food restaurants all the time and there was a time where I really gave up on McDonalds since I ate from there regularly before but I know loads of people who can go about eating fast food every day. It really depends on the person and we really can't control what they think of fast food.

The smell puts me off from going in. We have 1 a couple of miles away, if I go that way for a run I have to speed up as the smell makes me feel queasy.

All foods are fine in moderation.

I bought some chicken fries from a Burger King in my neighborhood. Bought the meal & took it home. When I began eating the chicken fries, I found out that they were so friggen salty!!
How in the Sam Hill are they advertising something that is supposed to taste so good, yet is so blasted salty?!!! And they are selling this crap to the children?!!! :mad: :yuck: :sick: :headshake:

well i must hang my head in shame,i had to meet my eldest son in town and on the way back to the car ,being hungry we passed mcdonalds,and the draw of food drew him in with me and my wallet following,
i wasn't going to have any thing ,but hey in for a penny in for a pound!
what a load of rubbish,its been years and i now know why,
a exploding burger with to much brown iceburg,floppy chips ,paid for a raspberry lemonade and got a coke as the machine broke
i just wish I had have just there with a bottle of water......surely they could have got that right

I cannot stand MacDonals's. Then again, I am not a lover of fast food chains in general. I wouldn't know where to start with the things I don't like about it. The bread buns, the burgers, the soggy fries. I do like their ice creams though. I much prefer a sit-down meal and I love places that have a free salad bar.

I cannot stand MacDonals's. Then again, I am not a lover of fast food chains in general. I wouldn't know where to start with the things I don't like about it. The bread buns, the burgers, the soggy fries. I do like their ice creams though. I much prefer a sit-down meal and I love places that have a free salad bar.

Agree. Its all kind of soft, pappy food. It means you can it it really quickly (which is maybe the point). However, I think they do make crispy French Fries. Well, I haven't tried them, but my son assures me they are crispy!

McDonalds is a guilty pleasure for us, but we only go there maybe once every three months or so. We also occasionally go to Jack in the Box. We think the food is actually better and more varied than McDonalds, but the fries are not as good. I sometimes get an uncontrollable craving for Jack's tacos. Two tacos for 99 cents and I'm happy.

They announced today that they are closing some of the restaurants. Seems that they are expanding too fast & getting themselves in a deeper hole!! They are being forced to cut the fat!! :headshake::stop:

They announced today that they are closing some of the restaurants. Seems that they are expanding too fast & getting themselves in a deeper hole!! They are being forced to cut the fat!! :headshake::stop:
Over here they operate as franchises. Something which seems to have lead to more opening.
For years we had none
Then we got one in the town centre, followed by two more less than 15 minutes away.

Over here they operate as franchises. Something which seems to have lead to more opening.
For years we had none
Then we got one in the town centre, followed by two more less than 15 minutes away.

Most of them operate as franchises in THIS country as well! Which leaves many to feel like the quality in their food has gone down - hence their sagging integrity & trust. :headshake::stop:

I had lunch today at a Burger King in my neighborhood and found out that the French fries were so atrociously salty!!!
I could NOT eat them!! Gave them to a friend who dined their with me. And THIS is what they are enticing the kids to eat?!!!!!!
They need to realize that everyone does not like food that's so ridiculously salty!!! :headshake::stop:

I am not fond of fast foods so probably this thread does not apply to me. But my husband, who had been to America before and whose siblings are all US immigrants, he loves McDonald's. In fact, his breakfast this morning is the big breakfast with muffins. But his favorite in McDonald's is the filet o fish. When we drop by McDonald's in the afternoon, he would be ordering the filet together with fries and a large Coke. For me? Just a hamburger with cheese.

Back
Top Bottom