8 hour pulled shoulder pork.

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
9:58 PM
Mix a good rub up. Rub into in this case boned and rolled shoulder without the skin. Leave it in the fridge for 24 hours, take out 4 hours before you start

Nice! Pork butt (shoulder) is such a wonderful cut of meat to smoke. You don't need a fancy smoker, just time and patience.

I've never tied mine. Does that do something I don't know about? It doesn't seem necessary, to me.

That is heavily coated with rub, something a big cut of pork like that can handle. Good job.

CD

I am going to have to try your brick trick.
I got hold of a kiln brick. I had been using them for a long time as a heat regulator. I had never seen anyone using it in the UK. For me then the idea of BBQ was not to take your kitchen outside and have an all singing and dancing peace of equipment. Tomorrow night will be the first time I will use a gas bbq on the balcony. We have the traditional Croatian wood fired oven and grill downstairs, its to hot in the summer to bother.

in our neighborhood i'm the goto guy for BBQed pulled pork when people around here have a family reunion get
together or whatever i get a call asking me to make BBQ pulled pork , i coat it witha dry rub and put it in my vertical propane smoker and smoke it at 225 for 8-9 hours , pull it apart ( removing all the fat ) add my own BBQ sause and they sure seem to love it

Back
Top Bottom