Advice on kitchen storage.

Lovely! I see you have deep drawers - I have some in my kitchen and find they are far more useful than cupboards. I use two of the drawers to store pans...

Is there more of this kitchen - I noticed there were no cutlery drawers.

From left, pantry, bins (we use them for paper in one, tins and plastics in t'other), slide out thing we use for sauces, condiments etc., glasses above, cutlery under kettle it's a separate draw inside the main draw, various serving dishes, ramekins etc in lower one. Grandchildren's treats cupboard with various plastic dishes, cups etc. (the low draw). Kenwood chef in lower draw/ flours, coffees, pulses and other dried foods, the tall double unit on right is fridge\freezer.

I think, to be honest, I have too much food and I'm pretty sure I could be a bit more ruthless with some of the odds and ends of saucers and assorted crockery. Once the refit has finished I can get the splashbacks done and I intend being more ruthless with 'stuff'.

Oven. From left upper, tongs, spatulas, serving spoons, mashers etc. The two lower are baking trays, colanders, jugs, larger carving boards etc.

On right from top, odds and ends of peelers, cherry pitters that kind of thing, next is 'overflow' spices. At bottom, olive oils, sesame oils, groundnut, vinegars, that kind of thing.

DSC_0150.jpg

Oven. From left upper, tongs, spatulas, serving spoons, mashers etc. The two lower are baking trays, colanders, jugs, larger carving boards etc.

On right from top, odds and ends of peelers, cherry pitters that kind of thing, next is 'overflow' spices. At bottom, olive oils, sesame oils, groundnut, vinegars, that kind of thing.

View attachment 30385

Your kitchen is much bigger than mine - gosh, you even have room for a table in the middle. I'll post a photo of mine later.

Your kitchen is much bigger than mine - gosh, you even have room for a table in the middle. I'll post a photo of mine later.

The kitchen is longer than it is wide. So the table is usually set against the right hand wall. We move it into the middle for special occasions.

Back
Top Bottom