Air fryer cooking

Sounds like the cooking time was off and/or your sprouts were too small. Did you shake them and check them during cooking? I wonder if the size and brand of the air fryers varies. J know it shouldn't, but...

How disappointing that must have been.
I think my sprouts were too small, they were definitely smaller than the ones pictured in the recipe I used. My guess is that I should have used a lower temperature with the size of the sprouts.

I think my sprouts were too small, they were definitely smaller than the ones pictured in the recipe I used. My guess is that I should have used a lower temperature with the size of the sprouts.
I think they might have still been mushy with the lower temperature though. I think a shorter cooking time would have worked. Also were yours frozen? I've read that frozen get mushy easily.

I note the recipe was for frozen sprouts - and in fact in the photo they look pretty 'blackened'.

I wish all air fryers had a clear window so it would be easier to check food while cooking. My first one did not.
Yes!! That would be awesome. Mine doesn't have it either sadly.

Just found the photo I took yesterday - here's how my sad brussel sprouts looked:
1660055610247.png

Thank you!
Ok, I’ll get an actual recipe posted for this later, but in the way of a teaser, here’s a description and photo:

Brussels sprouts halved, tossed in some oil, salt & pepper, then into the air fryer at 375F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway mark:

WeightWatchers

I’ll get another one from my air fryer cookbook in a few.

Ok, I’ll get an actual recipe posted for this later, but in the way of a teaser, here’s a description and photo:

Brussels sprouts halved, tossed in some oil, salt & pepper, then into the air fryer at 375F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway mark:

View attachment 88851
WeightWatchers

I’ll get another one from my air fryer cookbook in a few.
Looks fantastic! But I can tell those are not frozen ones. That might be the main issue with the ones she made.

Thank you. Yes I'm looking for a recipe for frozen brussel sprouts. The one I used was supposed to be for frozen sprouts, but I think the sprouts I had were much smaller than the ones used in the recipe.

Thank you. Yes I'm looking for a recipe for frozen brussel sprouts. The one I used was supposed to be for frozen sprouts, but I think the sprouts I had were much smaller than the ones used in the recipe.

I guess that I'm very lucky in this regard.

I hate sprouts!

I think I´d probably:
Cut the frozen sprouts in half
Allow them to defrost for about 20 minutes
Sauté them in butter, along with a few lardons of bacon
Add a few broken walnuts
Finish with a splash of honey.

Back
Top Bottom