Air fryer cooking

Bacon fat is good for seasoning a pot of greens or dried beans. But it must be kept in the fridge to keep it from spoiling. :whistling:
I have little Pyrex and glass containers with tight fitting lids, I do keep mine in the fridge but my grandmother kept hers in a coffee can on the counter and no one ever got sick. But I'm more cautious than she was. Better to be safe than sorry!

And we've veered off topic again, my fault 😆 sorry!

I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier or not, Realgood Foods CO. Stuffed Bacon wrapped Chicken
Stuffed Chicken Air Fryer - Pro Tip
IMG_2079.JPG

Dang good!
I tried it in the oven, nah, this is better in the AF!!

Here's another good use for the Air Fryer:
IMG_2124.JPG

Air Fryer dried Orange Slices.
I'm getting a jump start on my Christmas Gifts for this year.
I'm making up gift pots for Mulling Spices.
I'll put together my own sachets of different combinations all set in a small inexpensive pot.
This way the recipient can keep said small pot on low over the backburner and have that lovely "Christmas-y" smell in the house.
I'll device a pretty packaging for it all.
I like to make things (food oriented) as gifts for the holidays.

I am thinking of warming my precooked meat pies and pasties to warm up in my brand-new air fryer, do all of you wonderful people know if I can leave them in the foil trays and should I cover them with foil, how long and what temp.
Nice to be back, retired again.

Sticky Fingers nice to "see" you again... I would preheat the AF for 5 minutes at 160c/320f, remove any wrapping, if there are multiple pies, give them space between them and cook for about 5 minutes until the middle is good and hot, turning mid-way if necessary, good luck

Sticky Fingers nice to "see" you again... I would preheat the AF for 5 minutes at 160c/320f, remove any wrapping, if there are multiple pies, give them space between them and cook for about 5 minutes until the middle is good and hot, turning mid-way if necessary, good luck
Thanks kaneohegirlinaz, so it will not burn the pastry?

A few years ago, I was tempted to get this big air fryer (my nephew's wife has one, below), but I wanted to try the Ninja Foodi (above), so I got that one instead!!

We added am 8 quart air fryer to our kitchen a few months ago. I didn't think it was really necessary. Honestly, I LOVE it. I use it at least 3 times a week. I did chicken thighs and potatoes in it last night. WOW........My mom said it was the "BEST" chicken she had ever eaten!

I watched a You Tube video the other night of this gal who is a self-proclaimed Air Fryer aficionado ... anywhos, she said that she hasn't cleaned her AF in ages :o_o: I can't wrap my head around that one! Ya should have seen it! I don't think I'd want to eat anything that came out of that!!!
Well!
Last night I made frozen skinny french fries in my AF and left it to cool, and a thought, geez ya know I didn't really get any food muck on the thing, couldn't I simply give it a wipe and call it a day?
So that's what I did this morning, wiped it out with a paper towel and put it back on it's relocated spot in my pantry.

Thoughts?

I saw a segment on a food place that used the same oil too cook their food that the founders did over 60 earlier. It was black, but apparently there was nothing wrong with it. They cleaned it and filtered it and somehow everything worked and people loved the food. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom