All Things Picnic!

This one gives me the heebie-jeebies because that lion has a human face:

IMG_4396.jpeg

ps sometimes in the winter when things are gloomy outside we have indoor picnic.

The picnic blankets go down on the floor the food laid out, a good film found and a fire lit. Now my boys are grown ups it tends to be put on a large tea trolley or table, it’s called the ‘Platter of Plenty‘ picnic.

The grazing is the same but Mr SSOAPs aches are happier when chairs are involved, the dogs however are not so pleased it’s all out of reach 😆

I may have even bought a large picnic bench for our balcony. This is good on busy sunny days when everyones at home I can squeeze a bit of picnic lunch joy into the day.

Obviously rainbow day wasn't a work day. This was a bit of a celebration of the NHS but we enjoyed it so much the rainbow picnic is going to be a yearly thing 😆

76E128CD-5697-427B-B2B8-1B11E7E85B35.jpeg

D7336779-F66D-4221-9334-60BA76B620F3.jpeg

165B344E-9E95-4C15-8994-6403F9EBB1C5.jpeg

My boys were hot and hungry as usual so tortillas and beer was had before the food even hit the table!

Having a parasol each covers the table well and allowed everyone to alter it according to whether they wanted some sun or not, unlike a large parasol which is fairly fixed and the sun always sneaks under.
Plus large parasols never seem to last do they, this summer will be the rainbow parasols third year so thats a win!
I will probably get four more little parasols with a more traditional look this year rather than another large one.

Last edited:
I may have even bought a large picnic bench for our balcony. This is good on busy sunny days when everyones at home I can squeeze a bit of picnic lunch joy into the day.

Obviously rainbow day wasn't a work day. This was a bit of a celebration of the NHS but we enjoyed it so much the rainbow picnic is going to be a yearly thing 😆

View attachment 100046

View attachment 100052

View attachment 100051
My boys were hot and hungry as usual so tortillas and beer was had before the food even hit the table!

Having a parasol each covers the table well and allowed everyone to alter it according to whether they wanted some sun or not, unlike a large parasol which is fairly fixed and the sun always sneaks under.
Plus large parasols never seem to last do they, this summer will be the rainbow parasols third year so thats a win!
I will probably get four more little parasols with a more traditional look this year rather than another large one.

Rainbow day wouldn't go over well here. Rainbow decorations are not allowed in places like public schools here, because they offend christian children (well, actually their christian nationalist parents).

I assume those were Spanish tortillas with potatoes and eggs, and not Mexican tortillas.

CD

Rainbow day wouldn't go over well here. Rainbow decorations are not allowed in places like public schools here, because they offend christian children (well, actually their christian nationalist parents).

I assume those were Spanish tortillas with potatoes and eggs, and not Mexican tortillas.

CD

Children need protecting from rainbows now do they 🙄
Madness ☹️

Rainbows were used all over the thank you to health workers pics people put in their windows and on placards in theirs gardens in the uk.

It was quite touching really.

Children need protecting from rainbows now do they 🙄
Madness ☹️

Rainbows were used all over the thank you to health workers pics people put in their windows and on placards in theirs gardens in the uk.

It was quite touching really.

Texas and Florida are in a race to the bottom, right now. Our Governor and their Governor are competing to see which state can be more backwards. Florida has their "don't say gay" laws, and the Texas Senate passed a couple of new bills, one requiring the Ten Commandments in every classroom, and another specifying scheduled time for prayer in schools.

Rainbow flags are prohibited in schools in both states, because they will make kids gay... or something like that. :rolleyes:

CD

View attachment 100046

View attachment 100052

View attachment 100051

That black top is the same as the one I wore for hornby Panthers league team.

Russ
1684188738876.png

Just as I thought I would never need another picnic item Wunderlich who makes stuff for BMW motorcycles brought out a cooler bag that fits neatly into a large tank bag.

Having eaten more than one dubiously warm sandwich on longer rides (the warm tuna and sweetcorn one a few weeks ago was both worrying and awful) I really had no choice but to get this not particularly attractive but oh so practical cool bag.

Even Mr SSOAP said yep we need that so that’s me off the hook.. and secretly hoping they bring out more bike lunch solutions! 😂

IMG_0235.jpeg

Just as I thought I would never need another picnic item Wunderlich who makes stuff for BMW motorcycles brought out a cooler bag that fits neatly into a large tank bag.

Having eaten more than one dubiously warm sandwich on longer rides (the warm tuna and sweetcorn one a few weeks ago was both worrying and awful) I really had no choice but to get this not particularly attractive but oh so practical cool bag.

Even Mr SSOAP said yep we need that so that’s me off the hook.. and secretly hoping they bring out more bike lunch solutions! 😂

View attachment 100578

Have you heard of engine block cooking? It would be good for a picnic after a long drive. I wonder if you can do it on a motorcycle?

CD

Back
Top Bottom