All Things Picnic!

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
6:02 PM
When we were looking at the table and chairs for our picnics, they were all upstairs in a place that didn't have a lift. The staff would not hear of me walking up the stairs and carted everything downstairs for us to try out. They appreciated that I wanted to be able to get the wheelchair under the table, not just close to it and lean forward. They helped no end and went out of their way to find one wide enough that I could get the wheelchair under. Then it came to finding a chair that had adjustable back support as well as neck support. They sorted all of that. I think it took over 1½hrs in total, and all of It had to be carried downstairs and then back up. They were equally helpful finding hubby a comfortable chair as well, never once asking him to go upstairs as look at the display! I couldn't thank them enough by them end but we had exactly what we needed. A wide table where the legs didn't obscure the wheelchair access, high enough to get it under easily and with no risk of me taking out the table if I moved the wheelchair. And a comfortable lounging chair that also fits the table (with mandatory beer holder in the arm! Lol).
I'm really glad they were so helpful, that's not always the case. And also thank you for letting me know that these things exist!

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:02 AM
Kiwis picnic a lot in summer. Bbq are gas and fresh bread and tomato sauce/ketchup. Usually around water ( the groynes) or beach . We have always done them with friends or family. Grandkids love as well. I have 2 portable 1 ring gas sets. Takes 2 mins to assemble.

Russ

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
4:02 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
You're going to need to help me out here... what does this mean?

CD
I'm glad it wasn't only me that had to read that more than once.

Here, places like picnic sites, parks and other sites have free gas BBQs.

They don't go as far as providing free bread or ketchup though but I guess they might in NZ?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:02 AM

CD
Sorry, we have portable bbqs we take with us. About a 20 in dish aluminum.

CD

Sorry, portable bbq has a dish of aluminum about 20 in circle. 4.5 kg bottle gas. Sausys bread and ketchup. Heaven. We have parks / reserves everywhere . Groynes or spenser park are popular. Bbq is assembled in 2 mins. Plate and 3 legs. Simple.

Russ

The Velvet Curtain

Fly whisperer
Local time
5:02 PM
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps
We took lunch today atop a volcano, granted it has been extinct for several million years, but Beacon Hill still affords some great views on a clear day.

Korean dragon sushi to start

A prawn sandwich to follow

Finished with millionaires shortbread and washed down with orange & mango juice.

Other photos of the views in the 'Your Photos' thread

Top Bottom