All Things Picnic!

Have you heard of engine block cooking? It would be good for a picnic after a long drive. I wonder if you can do it on a motorcycle?

CD
I have heard of it but never tried it, most bikes have no room around the engine, everything is usually jammed in pretty snuggly, although there are exceptions like the boxer engine.
I've seen a cooking tin placed over the exhaust pipe a few times but that seems to be done for a gag.

Hmm, food for thought. Thankyou.

Wasn't sure if this should go in the picnic section but it's for food on the go so 🤷‍♀️

I've been refining my pannier kitchen for a number of years and landed on Stanley food flasks for motorcycle travel as they are robust and excellent for keeping food hot or cold so you're not limited to sandwiches everyday. It's lovely if it's chilly to know you have a hot curry or similar for lunch.

Only thing is they keep the heat in too well and come lunch time it takes an age to eat my lunch as I wait for each spoonful to cool down. Mr SSOAP's mouth seems to be made of asbestos and he has to stand around for a loooong time waiting for me.

As I've mentioned space is at an absolute premium. Tipping liquidy food onto a plate doesn't work at all, well when you're stopped on the side of the road plates aren't great full stop, and carrying bulky bowls as well as flasks, well that's not going to happen.

These aren't pretty but how useful! Looking forward to tipping some noodle soup or ziti into these and seeing how it goes!

The poppers allow you to adjust the size from a deep noodle bowl to a flatter pasta type bowl and completely flat as plate or chopping board - the reviewers say it does work as a chopping board but I don't think I'll be taking a sharp knife to it!
IMG_0437.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B0BZJZ5JQY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Really I wanted the pink or the blue but the moment a nice Spag Bol hits that pastel tone it'll be ruined so black it is!

Only thing is they keep the heat in too well and come lunch time it takes an age to eat my lunch as I wait for each spoonful to cool down.
I have that issue with my Thermos-branded travel mug. More than once, I’ve left the house, driven an hour, stopped and done an errand or two, hopped back in the car, thought, “Oh, tea!” - big gulp followed by a scream and melting flesh.

Well apparently that slipped my mind. Well at least on Rascal's end, I guess he has a DD. Unless his friend is one of those who can't be around people drinking and Rascal abstains when they are together.

Not sure if I'm even correct - I'll let rascal answer...

Personally I love a picnic with a good bottle of wine.

Personally I love a picnic with a good bottle of wine.
That’s one of the things I hate about here and love about there. Here, in most parks, booze is illegal, highly policed, and heavily fined…unless it’s some structured event and there’s booze for sale, then it’s fine, but only the booze for sale at the event, can’t bring your own, nope, it’s gotta be the $10 beers that they’re selling.

When we picnic, I’m a crafty little <bleeper>, and I pack mini bottles of Prosecco and a bottle of sparkling apple cider (not hard cider), quick pour the Prosecco in the glasses, ditch the bottles in a trash can that’s well away from us, and it’s “Why no, officer, that’s just sparkling apple cider, as you can plainly see. We’re old and respectable, but those hooligan teenagers over there could use a smack. I think I saw them sharing one of those funny cigarettes…, yeah, that’s it…go right over there and hassle those teens…hahaha!…cheers, luv!” 🥂

That’s one of the things I hate about here and love about there. Here, in most parks, booze is illegal, highly policed, and heavily fined…unless it’s some structured event and there’s booze for sale, then it’s fine, but only the booze for sale at the event, can’t bring your own, nope, it’s gotta be the $10 beers that they’re selling.

When we picnic, I’m a crafty little <bleeper>, and I pack mini bottles of Prosecco and a bottle of sparkling apple cider (not hard cider), quick pour the Prosecco in the glasses, ditch the bottles in a trash can that’s well away from us, and it’s “Why no, officer, that’s just sparkling apple cider, as you can plainly see. We’re old and respectable, but those hooligan teenagers over there could use a smack. I think I saw them sharing one of those funny cigarettes…, yeah, that’s it…go right over there and hassle those teens…hahaha!…cheers, luv!” 🥂
That's us, not just at picnics though. My hubby will take a flask with booze in it to concerts and events and buy 1 mixed drink and then get a few sodas throughout the event.

When we picnic, I’m a crafty little <bleeper>, and I pack mini bottles of Prosecco and a bottle of sparkling apple cider (not hard cider), quick pour the Prosecco in the glasses, ditch the bottles in a trash can that’s well away from us,

I've been known to decant wine into green plastic water bottles. Quite handy for hospital visits...

I've been known to decant wine into green plastic water bottles. Quite handy for hospital visits...
Good thing you like white wine, as I do (in summer) but hubby likes deep, dark reds. So when we go on long car rides and he puts red wine in a clear plastic water bottles, it isn't exactly discreet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom