Recipe Alligator Stuffed Eggplant

For those of you who have eaten alligator meat, I have to ask, what does it taste like? Is it similar to any other meat I'm taste and texture. Of course it is nothing that is available around here but I would be interested in trying it if I ever had the opportunity to do so.

For those of you who have eaten alligator meat, I have to ask, what does it taste like? Is it similar to any other meat I'm taste and texture. Of course it is nothing that is available around here but I would be interested in trying it if I ever had the opportunity to do so.

I would have thought it may be a bit fishy. There is only a small amount that can be eaten. Most of it doesn't taste nice.

Counting on you to taste it!!
Not afraid of your food biting back are you?
alligator-meat.jpg
I found this when searching for images. However no matter how hard I try I cannot get that live alligator image (wont disturb some with the real deal) out of my end and on the table for less my stomach.

I'm sure @classic33 will post you some. I'm expecting my 'gator parcel soon...

alligator-meat.jpg
I found this when searching for images. However no matter how hard I try I cannot get that live alligator image (wont disturb some with the real deal) out of my end and on the table for less my stomach.
I'm not understanding this picture. What are those mottled brown bits. Is it alligator skin? And what is all that fat? I mean the white bits. I thought alligators were very lean and mean.

I'm sure @classic33 will post you some. I'm expecting my 'gator parcel soon...
http://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/algame.html
"Alligator meat is lean, firm and almost white in color. Alligator meat is versatile and can be used in any recipe that calls for veal, seafood or chicken. Its flavor easily adapts to seasonings, and the meat can be fried, grilled or stir-fried. Alligator meat is considered cooked when it is white all the way through."

http://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/alboandtame2.html

I wondered myself. I Googled images and decided to pull the one that looked like something I could present to the forum. Hopefully I won't have nightmares with some of the others I saw. It's times like these that I want to do all my own cooking. I could see how this meat could be passed off as chicken or some other meat. Morning Glory are you planning on going out and grabbing some to prepared? I know you love a 'challenge'.

I wondered myself. I Googled images and decided to pull the one that looked like something I could present to the forum. Hopefully I won't have nightmares with some of the others I saw. It's times like these that I want to do all my own cooking. I could see how this meat could be passed off as chicken or some other meat. Morning Glory are you planning on going out and grabbing some to prepared? I know you love a 'challenge'.
She said she'd try every recipe posted in the challenge. Now wondering if I should include it.

As I said. I'm expecting @classic33 to post me a nice 'gator parcel. His call! :D

http://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/algame.html
"Alligator meat is lean, firm and almost white in color. Alligator meat is versatile and can be used in any recipe that calls for veal, seafood or chicken. Its flavor easily adapts to seasonings, and the meat can be fried, grilled or stir-fried. Alligator meat is considered cooked when it is white all the way through."

http://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/alboandtame2.html
This doesn't sound like the meat in the picture which is mainly pink with a sort of rind (some of which is mottled brown) and with some white bits which look like the fat in pork chops.

It'd take some beating in the £What did you cook today" thread though.
"Oh, nothing much, just a bit of alligator"

Back
Top Bottom