An Apple a Day....

that is exactly what he has been told. It is the supporting structure of his teeth that has been destroyed with the result that certain teeth are now collapsing in on themselves.

Have you noticed the female dentists who advertise on the tv look heavily botoxed, I wouldn't take advice from someone who can't move their face.

I like apples but some are so acidic I get heartburn, others are fine but as I don't eat them every day but I do drink a lot of water everyday so far my teeth have not given me any trouble.

Well after watching the Jamie Oliver sugar programme and now this apple thread I'm a tad confused of what I can eat!
Seeing that little lad have his teeth pulled and the fact that even with brushing with the sugar we consume your teeth will rot ,and the high proportions of daiabites and amputees caused by it made me think!
:speechless:

I have seen the ads on TV about the acid in your food and how it can damage the enamel on your teeth. I think of acid in fruits like oranges not apples. It is something to consider when you are eating more than a small amout of fruit. I love fruit and would hate to stop eating fruit altogether, reduce the amount of fruit I eat yes but stop that would be very hard to do. Sorry to hear your husband most give it up to save his teeth.

I have apples and fruit plenty and haven't noticed any pain in my tooth or gums from doing so, not like when I have a really sugary snack like chocolate or sweets. I always drink lots of water throughout the day to rinse my mouth out and keep me hydrated, but I think blaming apples for being the sole cause of toothrot is just wrong and would imagine it was other sugary things in ones diet put together with the acidic quality of apples causing the problem.

I have apples and fruit plenty and haven't noticed any pain in my tooth or gums from doing so, not like when I have a really sugary snack like chocolate or sweets. I always drink lots of water throughout the day to rinse my mouth out and keep me hydrated, but I think blaming apples for being the sole cause of toothrot is just wrong and would imagine it was other sugary things in ones diet put together with the acidic quality of apples causing the problem.
Not according to King's College Dental Institute:
Eating apples can be up to four times more damaging to teeth than carbonated drinks, according to new research
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...le-worse-teeth-fizzy-drink.html#ixzz3lADOXtj4

I've heard that apples can be as bad for your teeth as sweets and fizzy drinks. Who would have thought? My dentist has never mentioned it to me and now I'm a bit worried. I love apples and eat them almost every day. I put them in my kids' lunches too. I know apples are full of sugar and have a level of acidity. It makes sense, my pediatrician used to ask if I gave my kids apple juice when they were little and recommended I dilute it with water to reduce the sugar intake. I think I'm going to switch to bananas now as my mid morning snack.

I've heard that apples can be as bad for your teeth as sweets and fizzy drinks. Who would have thought? My dentist has never mentioned it to me and now I'm a bit worried. I love apples and eat them almost every day. I put them in my kids' lunches too. I know apples are full of sugar and have a level of acidity. It makes sense, my pediatrician used to ask if I gave my kids apple juice when they were little and recommended I dilute it with water to reduce the sugar intake. I think I'm going to switch to bananas now as my mid morning snack.
Sugar Content
Apple (223g): 23g
Versus
Banana(140g): 17g

http://www.sugarstacks.com/fruits.htm

I love eating apple a day because of its health benefits. But I always rinse and brush my teeth every time I eat or drink something like fruit juices, milk, coffee or tea at once. That is why maybe even after so many years I had no dental problem. But now I had learned from this post that the fruit acid of an apple is abrasive to our tooth enamel. Thanks for sharing this information...

Back
Top Bottom