An evening with the Hairy Bikers

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:41 PM
Tomorrow I'm off to Canterbury to see the Hairy Bikers who are currently on tour around the UK. For those of you who don't know, they are a very down to earth pair of TV celebrity cooks (Si and Dave) who are also bikers. I've seen them once before at the Birmingham food show back in 2013 and they are very entertaining.

I've splashed out on VIP tickets (loads of money!) as a treat for my partner who is a fan. Not sure what the VIP ticket includes apart from front row seats but I think we get a private Q&A session with them plus a goody bag... we will see. Anyone else a fan?

HAIRYBIKERS_1200x1200_FINAL-JPG.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 16.26.23.png

Not a fan of cooks who use gimmicks. Just show me how to cook, not motor bikes or cars, or moustaches.

Russ

They are seriously unpretentious (which is why I like them). They were both bikers before they got together. A couple of working class lads who made good. They don't use gimmicks really - they just cook and travel.

Hairy Bikers.:giggle: Have a great time. :)
Eta. Ooooooh. Goody bags! Let us know what the goodies were.

Last edited:
I think they are great. Mu Mum does not like the sound of hairy chefs.

I agree, they are very down to earth. They did a great tour of Britain looking at local dishes and another learning from 'Mum' (home cooks )

Call me fussy but I just don't like Ramsay as well, swearing is who he is, don't get me wrong I've got a potty mouth but I just don't like it. I love rick stein but his son running off his back does my head in. I don't watch him as well.

Russ

Call me fussy but I just don't like Ramsay as well, swearing is who he is, don't get me wrong I've got a potty mouth but I just don't like it. I love rick stein but his son running off his back does my head in. I don't watch him as well.

Russ

Ramsey is not good, his 'hard man' persona is rather silly.

Tomorrow I'm off to Canterbury to see the Hairy Bikers who are currently on tour around the UK. For those of you who don't know, they are a very down to earth pair of TV celebrity cooks (Si and Dave) who are also bikers. I've seen them once before at the Birmingham food show back in 2013 and they are very entertaining.

I've splashed out on VIP tickets (loads of money!) as a treat for my partner who is a fan. Not sure what the VIP ticket includes apart from front row seats but I think we get a private Q&A session with them plus a goody bag... we will see. Anyone else a fan?

View attachment 23193

View attachment 23194

How was it?

It was great - they held the audience non-stop for two 60 minute sessions. It was very irreverent and hysterically funny. I don't know where they get the stamina. Lots of stories, ad libbing and live cooking on stage. They also showed clips of never seen before TV footage. As VIP guests also had a private Q & A session with them which lasted 30 mins. There were about 25 VIP guests attending that. You could ask them any questions you liked. All in all a great evening. I'd certainly recommend.

It was great - they held the audience non-stop for two 60 minute sessions. It was very irreverent and hysterically funny. I don't know where they get the stamina. Lots of stories, ad libbing and live cooking on stage. They also showed clips of never seen before TV footage. As VIP guests also had a private Q & A session with them which lasted 30 mins. There were about 25 VIP guests attending that. You could ask them any questions you liked. All in all a great evening. I'd certainly recommend.

Sounds like a fab time, glad you enjoyed it :happy:

My ex always showed up at dinner time.

No goodie bags?

My ex always showed up at dinner time.

No goodie bags?

That was the bit that really annoyed me - they really shouldn't have described a cotton tote bag with the Hairy Bikers printed on it and only a plastic water bottle inside as a goodie bag! I can only think you were supposed to go and buy the goodies yourself from the Hairy Bikers memento stall in the foyer!

Back
Top Bottom