An evening with the Hairy Bikers

That's disappointing :(. Glad you had a good time, though.

That was the bit that really annoyed me - they really shouldn't have described a cotton tote bag with the Hairy Bikers printed on it and only a plastic water bottle inside as a goodie bag! I can only think you were supposed to go and buy the goodies yourself from the Hairy Bikers memento stall in the foyer!

A bit cheeky!

That was the bit that really annoyed me - they really shouldn't have described a cotton tote bag with the Hairy Bikers printed on it and only a plastic water bottle inside as a goodie bag! I can only think you were supposed to go and buy the goodies yourself from the Hairy Bikers memento stall in the foyer!

I would have said something. That is a rip off to describe that as a goodie bag.

Russ

Sorry, but I can't stand the Hairy Bikers - the thought of long hair hanging over food really puts me off. Having said that, I do watch some of their programmes which are about foods (or countries) I am interested in.

It was great - they held the audience non-stop for two 60 minute sessions. It was very irreverent and hysterically funny. I don't know where they get the stamina. Lots of stories, ad libbing and live cooking on stage. They also showed clips of never seen before TV footage. As VIP guests also had a private Q & A session with them which lasted 30 mins. There were about 25 VIP guests attending that. You could ask them any questions you liked. All in all a great evening. I'd certainly recommend.

Did you get any food to eat from them too? Was it good?

I'm mixed about THB. We've watched several of their shows, but I think our favorite is a non-cooking one, "Pubs That Built Britain."

Dave, I like. He seems genuine, and he's goofy, but it a very mild, low-key way. Si...sigh...there's too much mugging and face-pulling going on. He's like a hyperactive kid vying for constant attention. His schtick gets tiresome after a (very short) while. I also get the feeling that Dave is the real cook in that partnership, and Si is there to mix things and say "dude" at the end of every sentence. :)

It's always like that with teams - you like one and dislike the other. I had the same reaction to Two Fat Ladies when they were on.

So we've seen the pubs show, and their series about chicken (that was excellent), and maybe one or two specials, like a Christmas special or something, and now we're watching one where they show how to do posh food on the cheap, and they reward a deserving person/family at the end with their cheap/posh meal.

I could do without the last bit, because if I'm watching a cooking show, I don't really need a subplot playing at my emotions, but it's a nice diversion. We watch them over weekend breakfasts.

I would not go then, I think overall the food is what makes them interesting to me lol . The rest I've read in their biography and that's enough for me, I love the book.

They are very entertaining - like a comedy show really in a theatre. But I understand your point.

The thing that put me off the Hairy Bikers was seeing them at least in their early TV shows cooking with their hair hanging down over all the food. I have watched and recorded some of their programmes though, mainly the European ones and any about making food I am interested in. There was one on bread a few days ago, but I haven't watched it yet. I've also bought Rick Stein's India but some of that is fish and that makes my skin crawl at the thought. I don't watch his TV programmes usually either but have seen some of the ones linked to his book.

Back
Top Bottom