Anyone ever take cooking classes?

However - to get back to the point. The last "cooking" class I took was on plating. Fascinating - we were given an octopus tentacle, some diced, different coloured peppers and onions, a few herbs and a couple of sauces in squeezy bottles, and told how to present a beautiful dish. Then in the afternoon, we got a slice of beetroot. Great challenge and very stimulating!
I give food courses over here. Indian food, especially, but I´ve also done jams, marmalades, chutneys and pickles, Risttafel, tapas, Asian lobster dishes and an entire course dedicated to spicy food. You can always learn something in a food course and the satisfaction you get to see on people´s faces when they finally get to eat what they´ve prepared is priceless.

Is that pizza ON the grill or pizza UNDER the grill? :scratchhead:

CD
On the barbecue grill. Since there's no top heating element, what you do is make a fairly thin dough, grill it on one side, then flip it over, top it, and grill the other side.

It works, but it's best with light toppings. I'd personally hesitate to call it pizza, but it is pizza-ish. If I were coming over to someone's house for pizza, and that's what I got, I'd be a little disappointed, but I'd eat it.

On the barbecue grill. Since there's no top heating element, what you do is make a fairly thin dough, grill it on one side, then flip it over, top it, and grill the other side.

It works, but it's best with light toppings. I'd personally hesitate to call it pizza, but it is pizza-ish. If I were coming over to someone's Joe for pizza, and that's what I got, I'd be a little disappointed, but I'd eat it.

I know, but I imagine some members picturing a pizza under the broiler.

I have done pizza on the grill. It is good, but it took me a couple of failures to get pizza that wasn't burned.

CD

Kind of. She had everything prepared. Started everything. You pretty much stir it or turn it. A local restaurant. We made paella. She had some pre made we ate and the stuff we made we took home. We also went to one where we make chicken and beef and pork. The amount of cooking we do is minimal. The fellowship with others is reason enough to go

Does anybody have the pizza kit for making pizza on a Weber kettle ? Have thought about buying one.

Back
Top Bottom