Apple butter

In summer I'll try it. 10 hrs minimum? Is my attention span that good,lol.

Russ

Attention span is a major problem for me. Thank goodness for timers. I use my iPhone timer for stuff like this, because it is always with me.

CD

Attention span is a major problem for me. Thank goodness for timers. I use my iPhone timer for stuff like this, because it is always with me.

CD

Snap. But I don't do timers on phones. I have a timer my wife bought me. In the shape of an egg, I use that at times!

Russ

Snap. But I don't do timers on phones. I have a timer my wife bought me. In the shape of an egg, I use that at times!

Russ

If it does the job, that's all that matters.

I really think you should do this. I think you will like it. And, it will give you and interesting way to spend a day.

CD

If it does the job, that's all that matters.

I really think you should do this. I think you will like it. And, it will give you and interesting way to spend a day.

CD

I definitely will do during the week. I have everything here I think. I am intrigued so may make a small batch to see.

Russ

Russ

We have a bumper crop this year
When I was a kid we had a large orchard, My Mum had one of these. The juice is sterilized so if you use sterilized containers it last forever. My Dad used to ferment some of the juice to make Screeeetch or scrumpy. It was named screeeeetch because of the noise you make in the toilet the next day after a session.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VKpnRYoIA

I love apple butter. I never bought it or had it as a child. I was looking for a good recipe because I had a bunch of apples. It turned out perfectly and I make it every Fall now. It also keeps well so I give them as gifts with pretty ribbons and add a laminated recipe card in pint Mason jars.

This is the one I use. I'm not into drowning everything with sugar so I cut it in half.

All-Day Apple Butter

P.S. I'm still getting used to this forum. I have no idea how I missed this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom