The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
3:05 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
?temp_hash=b5ddf3a7ed888cddbe54835e138c5d55.jpg

When I made this recipe, I decided to squeeze out the moisture from the shredded apples. This allowed me to cram 2 large Granny Smith apples and 1 large Gala apple into these cupcakes. The result was denser than I expected. It could also be that blending in the shredded apples - rather than stirring in by hand - contributed to the density. Next time, I will try it differently.

Ingredients

1⁄2 cup light butter, softened
3⁄4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup half-and-half
2 cups apples, shredded (I used Granny Smith and Gala apples)
1⁄4 cup butter, melted (topping)
2⁄3 cup brown sugar (topping)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (topping)
1⁄2 cup flour (topping)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Blend in eggs, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and half-and-half.
  3. With a mixer running on low, gradually blend in baking powder and 2 cups of flour, scraping down the sides if needed.
  4. Blend in shredded apples by hand until evenly distributed.
  5. In a separate bowl, combine remaining butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon to create topping.
  6. Place 18-20 cupcake papers in cupcake tin, and spoon apple batter evenly into each. Sprinkle an even amount of topping on each cup.
  7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleanly from the cupcakes. Remove from cupcake tin and allow to cool before serving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom