Are you a fashionista or a recessionista?

Dawn dish soap (washing up soap) will remove grease stains as long as you didn't already put it through the dryer. I learned this when I spilled a GALLON of cooking oil on a comforter. It does work. Nevertheless, I'm glad you were able to get a replacement.

Tip: I save my damaged clothing just for the purpose of cooking/prepping and arts & crafts - things that are sure to get messy.
Thanks for the tips, mjd. Normally cooking oil isn't a problem - it comes off by just wiping it quickly with a damp cloth and a drop of dish soap (I just use a different brand) and washing the garment in the washing machine. Gall/bile soap works wonders as well; I have it in addition to other stain removers. This time I didn't notice the stains until later when the oil had really infiltrated the fibers. What's worst, the tiny oil spots/splatters are deep orange in color due to the curry, saffron and paprika in the chicken. Well, this is peanuts - not a 150 $ silk dress or a leather jacket. I'm sure the t-shirt will still be usable in the future; it just needs a good wash (or a cardie on top). This "incident" was just a good excuse to utilize the discount and get another tee... Summer's comin' and I can run around in the vegetable garden wearing a perky shade of green:sun:💚🌱🌷🌱. Our countryside cabin is filled with all kinds of damaged clothes and 60's style relic excuses for a garment. They're perfect for shoveling the vegetable plot, going fishing or picking mushrooms, emptying the outhouse (luckily a compost model!) and painting shacks or garden furniture. It's really good to keep worn out and damaged clothes for dirty/messy work. We even utilize most of the torn rags as floorcloths, garage work cloths or paint brush cleaners. But of course this fashionista favors Moschino sunglasses, brand new cotton and linen dresses, sheer shirts, wrap-skirts and leather sandals even in the garden 🙈... <sigh>.

Just for the record: all stains are off 🙂. I ordered a pair of rheuma-friendly garden/summer slippers to match my Mrs Shrek-tees today.
shi.jpg

sli.PNG

Since it’s sale time despite all, I’ve took the chance to buy on-line these two blazers. I’ve payed €100 both. Usually this brand (Marella) is pretty expensive, thus I am happy for my deal.
I’ll wear them combined with my Dr.Martens shoes and leggings or even with jeans and sneakers.
I usually wear in black, however I like to have coloured accessorises like green bag or fuchsia shoes or orange scarf

Back
Top Bottom