Recipe Asian Green Mussels

tipoywizard

Veteran
Local time
5:53 AM
Asian green mussel are among the best seafoods in the coastal region of Asia. It is type a small mollusk used in many Asian dishes. My favorite dish for this one Mussel Soup.

All you need for this recipe are mussels, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, oil and lemongrass.

1. Saute onions, garlic and ginger in oil. You can used butter if you want.
2. Add water then let it boil. In more traditional way we used Rice water as the soup base.
3. Add the mussels and lemongrass. Lemongrass adds special taste and aromatic smell.
4. Cooked the mussels till the shell opens.
5. Add some pepper and salt to taste.
6. Serve with rice.

Hope you like it.

When I saw this thread I began to miss eating this method of cooking green mussels.The recipe you shared which you called green mussel soup I do sometimes put green papaya and green pepper leaves for a more flavorful taste.

Asian green mussel are among the best seafoods in the coastal region of Asia. It is type a small mollusk used in many Asian dishes. My favorite dish for this one Mussel Soup.

All you need for this recipe are mussels, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper, oil and lemongrass.

1. Saute onions, garlic and ginger in oil. You can used butter if you want.
2. Add water then let it boil. In more traditional way we used Rice water as the soup base.
3. Add the mussels and lemongrass. Lemongrass adds special taste and aromatic smell.
4. Cooked the mussels till the shell opens.
5. Add some pepper and salt to taste.
6. Serve with rice.

Hope you like it.
I agree with your recipe. But for good measure, do not add water yet until the mussels are cooked (open). When the sautee is ready, toss in the mussels and wait until they turn open to show their red flesh. You just have to stir and stir so the cooking will be uniformed since there is no broth yet. Now, when you think the mussels are okay, add water or the broth. The best dip is vinegar with crush ginger and minced onion. Yes, serve with steaming rice.

Back
Top Bottom