Recipe & Video Authentic Wiener Schnitzel - Veal Schnitzel Recipe

Hungry Man

Local time
5:12 AM
Website
www.youtube.com
View: https://youtu.be/0cqx3WWXJGs

Ingredients:
  • 300 g veal (preferably top round) cutlets (for 2 servings)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • Slices of lemon to garnish
  • Parsley and butter (optional for garnish)
  • Vegetable oil and/or clarified butter for frying

Instructions:
  • Lay out the veal, cut 3cm thick cutlets depending on the size of the meat.
  • Remove any skin and beat until ½ cm thin.
  • Season on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
  • Place flour and breadcrumbs into separate flat plates.
  • Beat the eggs together on a third plate using a fork.
  • Coat the cutlets on in flour, through the beaten eggs, ensuring that no part of the cutlets remains dry.
  • Finally, coat in the breadcrumbs and very gently press down the crumbs
  • In a pan heat up sufficient oil (deeper than the thickness of the schnitzels) and / or clarified butter (you can even add 1-2 tbsp butter for the last minute of frying to add to the flavor)
  • Make sure the oil is hot enough (approx. 170°C / 340°F). Check if the oil hisses if you throw some breadcrumbs.
  • Depending on the thickness of the schnitzel, deep fry for 2 - 4 minutes until the schnitzel is golden brown.
  • Carefully turn the schnitzel using a spatula and fry on the other side until it’s same color as well.
  • Remove the schnitzel and place on a plate or tray covered with kitchen towel.
  • Serve on a large enough plate and garnish with lemon slices and parsley butter before serving.

Very nice - I do something almost identical with pork beaten thin. I add lemon zest to the breadcrumbs. I'm sure veal is much better than pork here, but its not easy for me to get.

View: https://youtu.be/0cqx3WWXJGs

Ingredients:
  • 300 g veal (preferably top round) cutlets (for 2 servings)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • Slices of lemon to garnish
  • Parsley and butter (optional for garnish)
  • Vegetable oil and/or clarified butter for frying
View attachment 54074

Instructions:
  • Lay out the veal, cut 3cm thick cutlets depending on the size of the meat.
  • Remove any skin and beat until ½ cm thin.
  • Season on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
  • Place flour and breadcrumbs into separate flat plates.
  • Beat the eggs together on a third plate using a fork.
  • Coat the cutlets on in flour, through the beaten eggs, ensuring that no part of the cutlets remains dry.
  • Finally, coat in the breadcrumbs and very gently press down the crumbs
  • In a pan heat up sufficient oil (deeper than the thickness of the schnitzels) and / or clarified butter (you can even add 1-2 tbsp butter for the last minute of frying to add to the flavor)
  • Make sure the oil is hot enough (approx. 170°C / 340°F). Check if the oil hisses if you throw some breadcrumbs.
  • Depending on the thickness of the schnitzel, deep fry for 2 - 4 minutes until the schnitzel is golden brown.
  • Carefully turn the schnitzel using a spatula and fry on the other side until it’s same color as well.
  • Remove the schnitzel and place on a plate or tray covered with kitchen towel.
  • Serve on a large enough plate and garnish with lemon slices and parsley butter before serving.

Very similar to Milanese veal cutlet, which involves using a veal chop on the bone breaded in egg and breadcrumbs and then fried in a pan with butter.

I have also had in mind a thing I have titled "Veal Panchette." It's a very different thing from a Schnitzel, but uses Veal. Hopefully, I can get this rolling in coming weeks.

Panchette comes from the word "Pan" for Bread and is not to be confused with the other definitions you might bump into.

Panchette comes from the word "Pan" for Bread and is not to be confused with the other definitions you might bump into.

I've never heard of this term. In French 'pain' is bread. In Italian, 'pane' is bread. Pancetta of course, we all know as an Italian bacon.

Back
Top Bottom