Recipe & Video Authentic Wiener Schnitzel - Veal Schnitzel Recipe

Is it 'ethically' farmed? And is there a reason why its cheaper? Just curious...
They are not crated. Cheaper? I don't know. I will ask . Both calves liver and escalopes were about £7.50 a KG. How much are they now in the UK? Just found this which may have something to do with it "
ZAGREB, 14 March 2020 – The Croatian government has held a telephone session on Saturday at which it adopted the decision on measures to control pricing on certain products, the government said in a statement.

The decision is made to prevent the negative effects of changes in individual product prices and to prevent monopolistic pricing of products in relation to the outbreak of COVID-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Croatia, thereby ensuring the protection of human health and life.

Products to which the price control measure applies are flour, milk and milk powder, eggs, sugar, salt, rice, pasta, fresh meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, canned meat, canned fish, edible oil, baby food, baby diapers, drinking water, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, soap, water, disinfectants (including concentrated alcohol) for hands and spaces, protective overalls and other protective and medical clothing and footwear, goggles and visors, safety gloves, shoe covers, masks – surgical, FFP2, FFP3, respirators/transport ventilators, medicines and medical products, and bedding and other underwear for the healthcare system.

Last edited:
Both calves liver and escalopes were about £7.50 a KG. How much are they now in the UK?

Waitrose: Veal escalopes £30.00/kg. Veal fillets £40.00/kg. Calves liver £34.96/kg. This is all British rose veal.

What I meant by the cheaper price was why is veal cheaper than beef in Croatia.

Hello!

I made it. Very nice! Thanks!

7AF73944-D6C8-4C62-B3CC-2BD436F27927.jpeg

Damn! I can't believe it. I couldn't find Veal in different grocery stores in the past couple days. Maybe there's a season for veal when the calves are rife for the taking?

There is one in Delft if you ever go there!
Özhalk Market
Thanks for the link, I know there are several in the bigger cities. But I am limited in my mobility due to disability, so it's unlikely I will go there frequently.
We've planned to go to Sahan supermarket in Rotterdam sometime soon to get some Turkish basics.

Here in my neck of the woods, we have a Restaurant Chain called "La Panaderia" and their specialty is of course, Breads. I like in particular, their Soup Bread, where they cut out a cavity in a Round Bread and fill it with Soup. This is just one of many examples that play Pan as meaning Bread. La Panaderia means of course, Bread Bakery.

Morning Glory,

I got the name of that restaurant wrong. It's actual name is Panera Bread.

Back
Top Bottom