Bagels

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:28 AM
Do you ever make bagels? If so what methods do you use? I've a recipe here: Bagels and JASOH1 posted a photo of some she made here. What do you like to put in or on bagels?

Last edited:
Do you make the holes like I do? Have you ever made bagels @TastyReuben?
Yes, they fall in my "Make At Least Once, Just To Say I Did" category (along with doughnuts, croissants, pretzels, and puff pastry). :)

I made the hole by plopping a ball of dough on the counter, sticking my finger through the middle, and spinning it around my finger a time or three.

On a bagel, I mainly like veggie/garden cream cheese (cream cheese with bits of peppers and onions and things like that in it). I like it smeared on thick. Thick, thick, thick, and the bagel toasted.

I don't really care for flavored bagels, just plain or sesame seed.

Do you mean flavoured in the dough? I only make them with seeds on top.
I am sure he meant on the outside. The recipe I had found called for sunflower seeds mixed IN the dough, but I don't have any on hand. I do my seeds/seasonings both bottom and top, no boring bagel bottoms for me.

TR, I know you don't like seafood, but have you ever tried bacon and cream cheese? A good friend of mine used to make me bagels before we went jet skiing and always used bacon with the cream cheese. Quite good.

I too like my cream cheese very, very thick.

I've actually made bagels with veges and seeds in the dough. Made them a lot for a while, but then got out of the habit. We'd eat them with homemade cream cheese vege spread.

Do you mean flavoured in the dough? I only make them with seeds on top.
I don't know, probably both. Here, you can get onion bagels, pizza bagels, cinnamon-raisin bagels, etc. I don't like those.

TR, I know you don't like seafood, but have you ever tried bacon and cream cheese?
Yeah, bacon works on everything!

Oh, and I love fresh dill with the cream cheese, but since I rubbed/marinated the salmon I cooked with dill/lemon pepper seasoning, that worked. And I don't have any fresh dill on hand, no room to grow it this time around.

Oh, and I love fresh dill with the cream cheese, but since I rubbed/marinated the salmon I cooked with dill/lemon pepper seasoning, that worked. And I don't have any fresh dill on hand, no room to grow it this time around.

I've just grown some in a small pot outside. It comes up fast.

Back
Top Bottom