Recipe Baghali polo ba mahiche or Persian lamb shank with pilaf

meals cook

Local time
3:21 AM
Website
mealscook.com
Baghali polo ba mahiche or khorak mahiche is one of the most luxurious Iranian dishes. If I have a special guest or a very important appointment in an Iranian restaurant, without a doubt, Baghali pilaf with Aelin muscle is the option that comes to mind.
A combination of cooked lamb shank with a special recipe along with Persian rice and fava beans and sometimes dill. A great flavor that meat lovers must try.

Ingredients:

Lamb Shank2 to 4 pieces
Big Onion2 to 3 pieces
Spices (salt, black pepper, turmeric)as needed
Cinnamon stick2 to 3 pieces
saffronas needed
Garlic2 to 4 cloves
Instruction:

We use lamb shank to make khorak mahiche. Before frying the muscle, I add saffron to it.put the lamb shanks in a suitable frying pan and fry with oil (Kermanshahi oil or butter can also be used). After a little fried, add the turmeric, cinnamon stick and black pepper.
steps-mahicheh.jpg

steps.jpg

2. Meanwhile, the lamb shank are slightly fried and golden; wash, peel, and chop onions like the picture (the size and shape of the onions are completely tasteful). Then, peel and wash 2 to 4 garlic cloves and add the onions and garlic after the muscles are golden.

3. Now close the lid and let it cook on gentle heat. After the excess water of onions and the lamb shanks come out, add the saffron to the muscles. I make saffron before ( Pour saffron in a small bowl, put some ice in it, and let the ice melt).
step2.jpg

4. After the muscles are fully cooked, add saffron to it and allow it to cook a little until thelamb shanks taste saffron. At the end of the cooking, we test the lamb shanks; if it is fully cooked, add salt.

5. Now your khorake mahiche is ready. You can serve this lamb shanks with fava beans and rice and enjoy
step4.jpg

How to prepare fava bean rice or baghali polo

First, we cook the fava beans in a pot for half an hour. Then we drain the rice that we soaked two hours ago.
We pour oil on the bottom of the appropriate pot and use potatoes or lavash bread as desired.
Then add rice, beans, salt and oil to the pot and increase the flame for 10 minutes to a quarter until the rice steams.
Then reduce the flame and let the rice cook for 30 minutes
baghali-polo-mahicheh-600x470.jpg

Notes:
  • You can serve khorak mahiche with baghali polo or Persian rice or with sangak bread.
  • You can also add tomato paste if desired, but I don't use tomato paste because I love the taste and smell of saffron.
  • We do not add water to the muscles because the onions and muscles themselves have excess water and do not need to add water to cook.
  • The important thing in cooking muscle is that it should be cooked on gentle heat while cooking.
  • We do not add water to cook the muscles, so the pot's water should not be exited while cooking, and because of that, we should not open the pot lid too much. This will cause the water in the pot to be removed.
  • Add salt to the food in the final step. Because salt makes the muscles tighten.
sourced: mealscook.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom