• 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Pitted black olives, 40 g
  • Grated Parmigiano cheese, 3 tablespoons
  • A sprig of minced fresh thyme or dried one, 1 teaspoon
  • Dried marjoram, 1 teaspoon
  • Extra Virgin olive oil, to taste
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C – 350 F – Gas Mark 4.

Combine minced thyme and garlic clove in a bowl with the marjoram, 4 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir.

Smash the black olives.

Tip: If you use fresh mushrooms, do not wash them under running water or they will absorb it and give it all back to you during cooking. Simply clean them with a damp cloth. Slice them half a centimetre thick and leave some of them whole (the smaller ones).

Slice potatoes to a thickness of 3 mm. The potatoes should be evenly sliced to ensure even cooking and to prevent them from darkening, dip them in cold water.

Grease the bottom of the baking pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, place a layer of potatoes on the bottom, aromatic herbs and black olives, then mushrooms. Proceed in this fashion until you finish the ingredients, add a drizzle of oil on top.

Cover the baking pan with aluminium foil and peel with a stick in some places to let the steam come out during cooking. Bake to 180°C – 350 F – Gas Mark 4 for about 20 minutes. Remove the aluminium foil, keep baking for other 10 minutes until the surface is golden brown.

Remove from the oven and leave to rest a few minutes before serving.

The word aromatic is absolutely true! I used my toaster oven (because it has auto shut-off) and it took a full hour to get the potatoes fork tender. Otherwise, it is fabulous as written. Thanks!

View attachment 52637

Oh I’m glad you liked it! Yes they are quite aromatic 😊
About baking time, I’m thinking about a full hour to get your potatoes soft : what is exactly a toaster oven? Sorry I don’t know 🙃
Did you preheat the oven to 180C?
I’m asking because I’m curious and it’s also important to me to have opinions - so thank you in advance for your help 🙏

Oh I’m glad you liked it! Yes they are quite aromatic 😊
About baking time, I’m thinking about a full hour to get your potatoes soft : what is exactly a toaster oven? Sorry I don’t know 🙃
Did you preheat the oven to 180C?
I’m asking because I’m curious and it’s also important to me to have opinions - so thank you in advance for your help 🙏

No apologies necessary. A toaster oven is a small appliance that cooks like a conventional oven. Here is a photo from Google.

I did preheat to 180C/350F.

My best guess is that I cut the potatoes freehand so they weren't exactly the same size and weren't very thin. I also didn't weigh them. Size and amount would alter the necessary cooking time.

The recipe is a keeper. Thanks again.

4ee707311e0fd82e60d9bce61bd95dc1f0b54449.jpg

No apologies necessary. A toaster oven is a small appliance that cooks like a conventional oven. Here is a photo from Google.

I did preheat to 180C/350F.

My best guess is that I cut the potatoes freehand so they weren't exactly the same size and weren't very thin. I also didn't weigh them. Size and amount would alter the necessary cooking time.

The recipe is a keeper. Thanks again.

View attachment 52691

Grazie 😍
Yep the size and amount of potatoes can alter the cooking time but anyway you enjoyed them, that’s what counts

• Love
Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom