Baking Disasters

Mewmew - collapsed center and still gooey, that's a classic sign of not being baked through, and since you're using a boxed mix and following their directions, I'm sure you left it in for the right amount of time and used the right sized tin, that's really pointing to your oven being out of whack. Believe me, I've been through the same thing.
Oh... damn... I did everything right. It's the blooming heat seals. The oven is so old, they don't make the model any more. If I could, I'd replace them. *sigh*

Oh... damn... I did everything right. It's the blooming heat seals. The oven is so old, they don't make the model any more. If I could, I'd replace them. *sigh*
Not that it'll make you feel any better, but I had to replace my 12yo oven after it refused to heat up in a timely manner or hold a temp, and I'm not happy with the one I got to replace it. My luck, it'll last 20 years. :)

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but I had to replace my 12yo oven after it refused to heat up in a timely manner or hold a temp, and I'm not happy with the one I got to replace it. My luck, it'll last 20 years. :)
Exactly my case - mine's 20 years old.

You still might be able to replace the oven seal - you could try this website (page I'm linking also shows how to replace the seal) - enter model and 'oven seal' in the search box. They have 105 pages of oven seals!

How to Replace an Oven Door Seal | eSpares

This is especially why I don't decorate cookies.

Should have been three trees, but I gave up and went abstract on the last five.
I love the trees - I have not seen cookies stacked to make the trees . Very cute - makes me want to try it but, I am a terrible baker and even worse decorator! Think I will show my sis in law who is a wonderful baker - maybe I can solicit (beg) for her help.....

I love the trees - I have not seen cookies stacked to make the trees . Very cute - makes me want to try it but, I am a terrible baker and even worse decorator! Think I will show my sis in law who is a wonderful baker - maybe I can solicit (beg) for her help.....
Thank you!

This is a braided loaf where you braid a larger bottom loaf and then a much narrower braided loaf to set on top, for a dizzying, dazzling display.

My top loaf obviously didn't mate too well with the bottom loaf. 😬

It'll taste fine, though. :)

This is a braided loaf where you braid a larger bottom loaf and then a much narrower braided loaf to set on top, for a dizzying, dazzling display.

My top loaf obviously didn't mate too well with the bottom loaf. 😬

It'll taste fine, though. :)

Man oh to have a slice of that with my garlic butter and broiled/ grilled. I'm drooling, fresh bread.
I've given up on making bread.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom