Bangers and Mash (Beryl the Peril style)

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
6:51 PM
Bangers and mash with Yorkshire dhal and onion gravy:

bangers and mash-s.jpg

Can you get decent bangers in Thailand?

It's not easy MG. At one point a local supermarket was selling "Mallon's" Irish sausage which were very tasty (and expensive!). However, the line now appears to have been abandoned (too popular perhaps) and the manager has stated that he neither knows when, of even if, they will be obtaining more. However, we now have a British contact in Bangkok who supplies a decent substitute.

It's not easy MG. At one point a local supermarket was selling "Mallon's" Irish sausage which were very tasty (and expensive!). However, the line now appears to have been abandoned (too popular perhaps) and the manager has stated that he neither knows when, of even if, they will be obtaining more. However, we now have a British contact in Bangkok who supplies a decent substitute.
How about making your own, perhaps educate your local friends.

How about making your own, perhaps educate your local friends.

There's not a chance in hell that I'll be able to make a decent sausage before I die. Also I live in the middle of Nakhorn Nowhere.

Can you get decent bangers in Thailand?
So far, I haven't found a decent veggie sausage in Australia either! There are plenty of places selling options such as Lynda McCartney's sausages but they are not nice imo. Other makes just don't get a good crunch to them, they remain soggy even after frying. I never thought I would say this but I miss cauldron foods Lincolnshire sausages.

I have however found a recipe which makes a nice burger. It is meant for sausages but is better as a burger. I'll keep trying. I have another recipe to make and try which I may do in the next day or two. We'll see if I feel upto it later today. I already have a batch of cashew nut cheese to make!

And I'm the other way round:

Dog burger (Ye Old Oak hotdog sausages)

dog burger.jpg

Another extremely messy snack.

Back
Top Bottom