- 2 teaspoons paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can of beer
- 80ml chicken stock
- 1 thyme sprig
- 50g butter
- olive oil

1. Season chicken with salt.
2. Get olive oil and butter in a pan and sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic and sauté.
3. Brown chicken.
4. Add the rest of ingredients, cover and simmer for 15 minutes; simmer last 5 minutes uncovered to reduce sauce, until chicken is cooked.

Happy cooking!

I like this - and the fact that the potatoes are cooked along with the chicken. Its going to taste different depending on the beer used. I'm thinking this must have been a blonde beer?

I like this - and the fact that the potatoes are cooked along with the chicken. Its going to taste different depending on the beer used. I'm thinking this must have been a blonde beer?
I think so. I usually go with the cheapest supermarket beer for cooking and yes, it's a blonde beer.

I love the idea of cooking with beer, only done it once. How do you think this recipe would be if I used a beer like an IPA? Or is that "hops" flavor more suited to something like pork?

Looks delicious!
I´ve made chicken with beer, and one which works really well is a Belgian White, or a a German Hefeweissen; beers made with wheat, rather than barley.

Back
Top Bottom