Recipe Beetroot & Goat's Cheese Pizza

Local time
6:33 AM
Beetroot and goats cheese is a classic combination and a few weeks ago I decided to try it on a pizza - its a very simple recipe and because there's no tomato sauce or mozzarella it makes a lovely light pizza.

Ingredients:
- enough pizza dough for one pizza (approx 28cm diameter) - a thin pizza base works best for this
- 20g pesto alla Genovese
- 150g fresh beetroot
- 150g soft goats cheese

Cook your beetroot until tender, cool and then slice thinly
If you use a pizza stone pre-heat it for a full hour - it seems a waste of energy but it really does make a difference and helps the pizza base cook properly on the bottom
Stretch out your pizza dough and then smear the pesto over it, distribute the beetroot and crumbled goats cheese
Bake in the oven until the crust is golden - around 10 minutes should be plenty, but keep an eye on it!

This is a photo before it went into the oven, I forgot to take a photo when it was cooked, but it was absolutely delicious!
spwJafsl.jpg

Beetroot and goats cheese is a classic combination and a few weeks ago I decided to try it on a pizza - its a very simple recipe and because there's no tomato sauce or mozzarella it makes a lovely light pizza.

Ingredients:
- enough pizza dough for one pizza (approx 28cm diameter) - a thin pizza base works best for this
- 20g pesto alla Genovese
- 150g fresh beetroot
- 150g soft goats cheese

Cook your beetroot until tender, cool and then slice thinly
If you use a pizza stone pre-heat it for a full hour - it seems a waste of energy but it really does make a difference and helps the pizza base cook properly on the bottom
Stretch out your pizza dough and then smear the pesto over it, distribute the beetroot and crumbled goats cheese
Bake in the oven until the crust is golden - around 10 minutes should be plenty, but keep an eye on it!

This is a photo before it went into the oven, I forgot to take a photo when it was cooked, but it was absolutely delicious!
View attachment 31068

I'm a fan of goat's cheese and you're right, the combo goat's cheese+beetroot is top. The addition of pesto alla genovese sounds to me like another good twist. Well done

What a lovely idea to combine these ingredients on a pizza. Coincidentally, I was thinking of making a pizza with beetroot coloured bread base (mixing beetroot into bread dough).

Our Beetroot is really a deep red. Yours looks a lighter c olour?

Russ
Good spot! You only normally see dark red/purple beetroots in the shops, but there are actually lots of different varieties of varying colours so we decided to grow a range of them:
Albina Vereduna - white flesh and skins
Burpees Golden - orange skins and bright yellow inside
Chioggia - this one has pink and white stripes when raw and it goes a light pink when cooked
Detroit 2 and Boltardy - these are both the more familiar dark red/purple colour

They do pretty much taste the same - there are maybe slight differences, but not enough to notice unless you're looking for it.

I mostly use them because I love the different colours, they're so pretty, and also much less likely to stain everything they touch lol!

Back
Top Bottom