Beets?

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:27 PM
Do you like beets? If so, how do you like them prepared?

I just got done roasting and pickling 3 beet roots with sliced red onion for a German charceuterie board next week. ETA: I can't believe it. Jar is only just over half full and I didn't put it in a water bath, just poured the boiling pickling liquid in, closed it up, and I just heard the lid pop like they do when you can something in a water bath.

Last edited:
Love beets. Normally simmer with skins until tender, ice bath and use hands to slide the skins off. Cube /chunk place on sheet pan drizzle with oil and roast on 425 for about 10 minutes, drizzle with balsamic and then 5 more minutes of roasting.

I have no specific recipe for this - just tried to replicate what I have been served elsewhere.

At any given time, I have pickled beets in my refrigerator. I've gotten tired of the bland, boring beets you get at the supermarket and most restaurants. My pickling is always done with apple cider vinegar, spicy pepper, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and only a small amount of sugar added (beets have their own natural sugars, after all).

I also do like baking them from time to time; here's how my coconut beet samosas turned out. Every time I share this picture, i want to make it again.

img_0962-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom