Before And After!

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
7:19 PM
Trying a new twist. Identify the item, and if possible what was done to it.
Before
137 kJ (32.74 kcal)
Carbohydrate 5.6g, Fat 0.2g, Protein,0.6g, Carbohydrate Components: Fibre 2.5g, Organic Acids 0.3g,
Starch 0.2g, Sugars 5.4g (Fructose 1.4g, Glucose 1.4g, Sucrose 2.6g), Polysaccharides, Non-Cellulosic
(Water-Soluble) 0.8g, Fibre (Water-Insoluble) 1.6g, Fatty Acids: 0.2g, Polyunsaturated 0.1g
(N-3 Polyunsaturated <0.1g, N-6 Polyunsaturated 0.1g (Linoleic Acid(18:2 Cis,Cis n-6) 106.265mg,
Alpha-Linolenic Acid(18:3 N-3)) 8.872mg, Monounsaturated Cis < 0.1g, Saturated < 0.1g, Sterols 15.2mg,
Minerals: Calcium 29mg, Iron 0.5mg, Iodide (Iodine) 1.0µg, Potassium 390mg, Magnesium 14.0mg,
Sodium 19.0mg, Salt 48.4mg, Phosphorus 40.0mg, Selenium 0.2µg, Zinc 0.4mg, Nitrogen Components:
Tryptophan 7.0mg, Vitamins: Folate (HPLC) 16.4µg, Niacin Equivalents 0.9mg, Niacin Preformed (Nicotinic
Acid + Nicotinamide) 0.8mg, Vitamers Pyridoxine (Hydrochloride) 0.03mg, Riboflavine 0.07mg, Thiamin
0.07mg, Ascorbic Acid 6.5mg Vitamin A Retinol Activity Equivalents 774.1µg, Carotenoids 11326.1µg,
Alphatocopherol 0.4mg, Vitamin K 19.00µg

After
139 kJ (33.22 kcal)
Carbohydrate 5.6g, Fat 0.2g, Protein 0.6g, Carbohydrate Components: Fibre 2.6g, Organic Acids 0.3g,
Starch 0.2g, Sugars 5.4g (Fructose 1.4g, Glucose 1.4g, Sucrose 2.6g), Polysaccharides Non-Cellulosic
(Water-Soluble) 0.8g, Fibre(Water-Insoluble) 1.6g, Fatty acids: 0.2g, Polyunsaturated 0.1g
(N-3 Polyunsaturated <0.1g, N-6 polyunsaturated 0.1g, Linoleic Acid(18:2 Cis,Cis n-6 )107.883mg,
Alpha-Linolenic Acid(18:3 n-3)) 9.007mg, Monounsaturated Cis < 0.1g, Saturated < 0.1g, Sterols 15.4mg,
Minerals: Calcium 30.2mg, Iron 0.5mg, Iodide (Iodine) 12.2µg, Potassium 396.1mg, Magnesium 14.4mg,
Sodium 215.7mg, Salt 549.7mg, Phosphorus 41mg, Selenium 0.2µg, Zinc 0.4mg, Nitrogen Components:
Tryptophan 7.1mg, Vitamins: Folate(HPLC) 11.6µg, Niacin Equivalents 0.7mg, Niacin Preformed (Nicotinic
Acid + Nicotinamide) 0.8mg, Vitamers Pyridoxine (Hydrochloride) 0.03mg, Riboflavine 0.06mg, Thiamin
0.05mg, Ascorbic Acid 4.3mg, Vitamin A Retinol Activity Equivalents 707.3µg, Carotenoids 11498.6µg,
Alphatocopherol 0.4mg, Vitamin K 19.29µg​

Nutrient values/100 g (Larger amounts available.)
µg = microgram

And @SatNavSaysStraightOn, you should have this item. Possibly in both forms.
If not my only other option is to try and see what's in your cupboards!

Answer Friday

more for my purposes than anything else....

before after.jpg

I'm currently thinking that it is probably something dried, then cooked in salted water... :whistling:

Last edited:
I don't get this. It must be fruit or low calorie veg. But what can you do to it add salt? I know that commercially produced carrot juice and tomato juice can have added salt but not if you made it yourself. And would cooking in salted water increase salt that much.? Maybe pickling would...?:scratchhead:

Also, @classic33 stated @SatNavSaysStraightOn "should have this item. Possibly in both forms". That implies that both before and after items would be stored in cupboard or fridge.

more for my purposes than anything else....

View attachment 1287
I'm currently thinking that it is probably something dried, then cooked in salted water... :whistling:
I think if it was dried then reconstituted then the Kcals would be very different. At least I think so - unless the calorie information is referring to what happens to 100grams when it is reconstituted (and not its reconstituted weight which would be heavier than 100g). This is impossible to explain, but I know what I mean!

Let me try again. 100g of dried apple has 240 Kcals. If you reconstitute them they will weigh more than 100g but will have the same 240 calories. So dried fruit is more calorific per 100g than reconstituted or fresh fruit.

I think if it was dried then reconstituted then the Kcals would be very different. At least I think so - unless the calorie information is referring to what happens to 100grams when it is reconstituted (and not its reconstituted weight which would be heavier than 100g). This is impossible to explain, but I know what I mean!

Let me try again. 100g of dried apple has 240 Kcals. If you reconstitute them they will weigh more than 100g but will have the same 240 calories. So dried fruit is more calorific per 100g than reconstituted or fresh fruit.
cooking it would change some of those figures as well because some nutrients are more available to the body after cooking than before... so I all I can think of is something that is already cooked, that is then baked and salted? I really don't know right now. Will have to think on it.

Its 'cos I have red hair, I expect.
so do I... well auburn. my brother is carrot coloured and my sister had the most wonderful coloured hair as a child, then dyed it black, but my other brother was a strawberry blond.... it faded through the generation and also as we all got older... not fair really. I am more brown than red now but a touch of henna works wonders :whistling:

so do I... well auburn. my brother is carrot coloured and my sister had the most wonderful coloured hair as a child, then dyed it black, but my other brother was a strawberry blond.... it faded through the generation and also as we all got older... not fair really. I am more brown than red now but a touch of henna works wonders :whistling:
And there was me thinking you are blond like your avatar. Mine comes entirely from a bottle and is rather bright and possibly outrageous - but I can claim red head genes and one of my daughters is a red head. It was quite strange when she was born as she had lots of red hair and it was the first thing the midwife said. Not 'its a girl' but 'its got red hair'!. When my partner took her out in a baby papoose, all you could see was this big tuft of orangey-red hair poking out of the top. Once, a woman said to him, 'what have you got in there?' and he said 'Its a baby orang-utan'. The woman actually believed him! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom