Best Movie Meals That You'd Like to Try

Ratatouille was a great food animation flick, but so far, no mention has been given to the Wallace and Gromit animations which often include food as a topic theme, not just cheese.

- Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave : Sheep as dog food or yarn
- Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of The Were-Rabbit : Vegetables
- Wallace and Gromit: A Grand Day Out : Cheese on the Moon
- Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death : Baking and Bread

The only Wallace and Gromit animation that I have that doesn't deal with food is

- Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers

Babette's Feast. A 1987 Danish film.

Babette was a former french chef that left Paris from counter revolutionary bloodshed and ended up being a servant in a Danish convent kind of, always instructed to cook very tasteless food, gruel basically . Anyway a friend in Paris always buys her a lottery ticket and ends up winning. She then proceeds to order everything she needs to treat the people to a formal Paris dinner. I'm in, but this meal is from another time so some ingredients wouldn't be socially acceptable today.

Apparently there's a remake coming made in Minnesota, which would be the prefect state no doubt.

Last edited:
Babette's Feast. A 1987 Danish film.

Babette was a former french chef that left Paris from counter revolutionary bloodshed and ended up being a servant in a Danish convent kind of, always instructed to cook very tasteless food, gruel basically . Anyway a friend in Paris always buys her a lottery ticket and ends up winning. She then proceeds to order everything she needs to treat the people to a formal Paris dinner. I'm in, but this meal is from another time so some ingredients wouldn't be socially acceptable today.

Apparently there's a remake coming made in Minnesota, which would be the prefect state no doubt.

Bravo garlichead !

The film has already been mentioned in this thread by myself. And when I found out about it, I purchased it online. It was an enjoyable film, truly worthy of an award winner.

Bravo garlichead !

The film has already been mentioned in this thread by myself. And when I found out about it, I purchased it online. It was an enjoyable film, truly worthy of an award winner.
Ok, yeah it was a unique film. Always stuck in my mind. Here is the blini and caviar. lol
20190929_103540.jpg
20190929_104213.jpg

Last edited:
How about some French cuisine in a movie?

- Potage à la Tortue (turtle soup with Amontillado sherry)
- Blinis Demidoff (buckwheat pancake with caviar and sour cream)
- Cailles in Sarchophage (quail in a puff pastry shell with foie gras and truffle sauce)
also accompanied by Clos de Vougeot Pinot Noir
- Savarin au Rhum avec des Figues et Fruit Glacée (rum sponge cake with figs and candied cherries)
accompanied by champagne
- Endive Salad
- Assorted Cheeses and Fruits with Sauternes
- Coffee with Vieux Marc Grande Champagne Cognac

I have to get the movie that this menu was served up in. Absolutely!

It's a Danish flick called "Babette's Feast".

It sounds like a definite gotta have winner for a movie.

I was just thinking about the menu of “Babette’s Feast”. Great menu, great movie

Here's another best food movie, - "Chocolat."

It's a drama regarding a woman who, with her young daughter, opens a chocolate shop in a rural French town that it steeped in religious tradition. That tradition makes it difficult for the woman and her shop and the dram progresses as a conversion of the pious to enjoying a wonderful food, chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom