Best Movie Meals That You'd Like to Try

Here's another best food movie, - "Chocolat."

It's a drama regarding a woman who, with her young daughter, opens a chocolate shop in a rural French town that it steeped in religious tradition. That tradition makes it difficult for the woman and her shop and the dram progresses as a conversion of the pious to enjoying a wonderful food, chocolate.
brilliant film

Harry Potter: Dudley Dursley's Knickerbocker Glory - Feast of Starlight

The Hunger Games: Goat Cheese and Apple Tarts - Feast of Starlight

And so much more from this website really. But my creative juices are a bit stalled at the moment.

Let me poke some fun about a particular movie and the food it depicts.

The movie is "Ravenous." The food is "Cannibal Stew."

The movie takes place in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains and appears to have been inspired by the the Donner Party history.

No, I would not like to try that.

I was listening to the radio the other day, an interview with Stanley Tucci, and he mentioned an early movie of his that features food prominently:

Big Night - Wikipedia

I've not seen it, but now I want to.

Let me poke some fun about a particular movie and the food it depicts.

The movie is "Ravenous." The food is "Cannibal Stew."

The movie takes place in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains and appears to have been inspired by the the Donner Party history.

No, I would not like to try that.

Along similarly warped lines is the dark comedy, Eating Raoul.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyI2nSpg7nI

CD

I have finished watching the foodie movie "Mid-August Lunch" and have comment. The movie is in the Italian language, taking place in Rome, with subtitles. It occurs on an Italian holiday "Farrogosto" which dates back to Emperor Augustus who gave the peasantry holiday for working hard agriculturally.

The movie is quaint and does feature a lot of food, almost continuously. I was hard pressed to find a structured plot, or even a moderate denouement (turning point before climax). It seemed to wind on. With that said, the movie seemed a bit flat, but did have some small subtle, it may be supposed, points of humor.

What the movie did feature as very interesting was the level of exposure for the common familial Italian culture. For example, wine is almost an on going beverage which is carried with, outdoors even, to share with people one meets, to help bind and seal good interrelations, especially when purchasing something. And cordiality is very important between people.

The movie involves elders, octogenarians, which does not bother me so much as I am fast approaching that threshold in my life.

Back
Top Bottom