Bizarre food combos you love!

Chips (crisps) are great on tuna salad sandwiches.

The best ready made mac and cheese here is Stouffer's. Great with bacon (of course) but also with veggies like broccoli or cauliflower. Spinach would probably work well, too.

View attachment 49797

CD

That is my favorite if I'm not up to making my homemade mac and cheese.

Chips and mustard
Boiled rice and creamy spreadable cheese
Pop corn/crackers/crisps and nutella
Pineapple pizza 🤣

In the USA, we have a "Hawaiian pizza" which includes Canadian bacon (what we call ham) and pineapple. It's very good.

Hawaiian-pizza-pie-pineapple-720.jpg

No, not at all. That's the pizza they serve in hell.

How would you know that? LOL

The only pizza topping I don't care for is anchovies. I can manage just about any other one. As a Midwesterner, I like Chicago style pizzas and was just confused by what they call pizza in North Carolina. They say it's "New York" style. It's runny and super thin and just wrong on so many levels. ;-0

Sorry, but it’s a no-no for me...:headshake:

My father says "That's why they make Chevys, Fords and Dodges. Different tastes." I'm sure there are things you enjoy that may not tickle my fancy. It's all good.

As I mentioned, pineapple is not my favorite pizza but it's not bad. Truth is, I like my homemade Chicago-style deep dish pizza better than most delivery options available to me and I never make it with pineapple. My kids prefer my cooking over restaurant food also. ;-)

My father says "That's why they make Chevys, Fords and Dodges. Different tastes." I'm sure there are things you enjoy that may not tickle my fancy. It's all good.

As I mentioned, pineapple is not my favorite pizza but it's not bad. Truth is, I like my homemade Chicago-style deep dish pizza better than most delivery options available to me and I never make it with pineapple. My kids prefer my cooking over restaurant food also. ;-)

(New Jersey Accent On) "Deep dish pizza is not only not better than New York pizza, its not pizza... it's a $%#@& casserole." - Jon Stewart. :laugh: For those in other countries, New Yorkers and Chicagoans have a long standing pizza feud.

I love pineapple. I love pizza. Not together.

BTW, Canadian Bacon is pretty much what people in Europe would call Back Bacon -- or just bacon.

CD

(New Jersey Accent On) "Deep dish pizza is not only not better than New York pizza, its not pizza... it's a $%#@& casserole." - Jon Stewart. :laugh: For those in other countries, New Yorkers and Chicagoans have a long standing pizza feud.

I love pineapple. I love pizza. Not together.

BTW, Canadian Bacon is pretty much what people in Europe would call Back Bacon -- or just bacon.

CD

I hear you! I love pineapple. I love pizza. I like pineapple pizza but would never order it if I was choosing just for me. ;-)

I wasn't aware of the Chicago v NY pizza feud but it sounds worthwhile. Of course, I'm RIGHT. LOL

Jon Stewart is funny. I saw a comedian, Brian Regan who talks about pizza. I guess they call them "pies" on the East Coast.

I hear you! I love pineapple. I love pizza. I like pineapple pizza but would never order it if I was choosing just for me. ;-)

I wasn't aware of the Chicago v NY pizza feud but it sounds worthwhile. Of course, I'm RIGHT. LOL

Jon Stewart is funny. I saw a comedian, Brian Regan who talks about pizza. I guess they call them "pies" on the East Coast.

Yeah, in NY and NJ, you order a "pie" for a whole pizza, or a "slice" for a single (large) slice. You don't need to use the word "pizza." You can just say, "Gimme' a slice of pepperoni," and they know what you mean. Same with whole pizzas, "I need two pies -- one cheese, one pepperoni."

CD

That’s curious since I’ve watched a TV programme about Chicago pizza-style, very interesting. I would like to try one of those slices.
And thank you for not making yours with pineapple 😅
Your kids are right! What mom cooks is always better than any other restaurant 😊

• Love
Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom