Black pasta

It's a very fine paste. your only problem is where to purchase it from. I bought it over the internet... unless you have something that is capable of making a very fine paste out of your existing black sesame seeds?
Hmm. I've got a spice grinder. That will turn them to powder.I suppose I could just add a spot of water and it will be a paste. Or even mix the powdered seeds into the flour before making the dough. What are the other ingredients in your paste?

Hmm. I've got a spice grinder. That will turn them to powder.I suppose I could just add a spot of water and it will be a paste. Or even mix the powdered seeds into the flour before making the dough. What are the other ingredients in your paste?
Sesame seeds contain oil naturally... you won't get a powder.

And having checked the jar I realise I have led you up a blind alley. Sorry. The jar is actually black seed paste, which is in fact Black Cumin Seed paste (not anything to do with cumin seeds). However it seems it is not an enitirely blind alley because the ingredients are black seed and sesame seeds...
http://www.yaffa.co.uk/product_p/hbp.htm

Sesame seeds contain oil naturally... you won't get a powder.

And having checked the jar I realise I have led you up a blind alley. Sorry. The jar is actually black seed paste, which is in fact Black Cumin Seed paste (not anything to do with cumin seeds). However it seems it is not an enitirely blind alley because the ingredients are black seed and sesame seeds...
http://www.yaffa.co.uk/product_p/hbp.htm
Black cumin is, in fact, Kalonji or Nigella seed (which I mentioned earlier). But are you saying its not got black cumin seeds in it? Or that it has both black cumin and black sesame seed? Whatever, it sounds like it might work. I was just wondering what else was in the paste besides the seeds.

I've heard of black pasta but to be honest the color does not look appealing to me at all. Quite the opposite really, I think it looks horrible. As others have mentioned there are all sorts of colors available nowadays, some of them pretty decent but also usually quite a bit more expensive.

So yeah, I stick to the good old white one.

I've heard of black pasta but to be honest the color does not look appealing to me at all. Quite the opposite really, I think it looks horrible. As others have mentioned there are all sorts of colors available nowadays, some of them pretty decent but also usually quite a bit more expensive.

Apart from its delicious 'iodine' taste, the point of black squid ink pasta is that it offsets the colours of the other ingredients (often pink prawns, vibrant green parsley or coriander (cilantro), bright red chilli), with stunning effect. But if you don't like black, how about these zebra striped bow-tie pasta shapes...?

576bf1423697ddcb31134156be290527.jpg

i wonder if you use the coconut husk charcoal ,the new wonder food in the mix,the presenter on the wonder food programme had black teeth ,so it has the colouring and its vegi.....

i wonder if you use the coconut husk charcoal ,the new wonder food in the mix,the presenter on the wonder food programme had black teeth ,so it has the colouring and its vegi.....
Never thought I'd be buying this. But having got this far in experimenting, I'll just have to! Hope its not too expensive.

Never thought I'd be buying this. But having got this far in experimenting, I'll just have to! Hope its not too expensive.
It's on eBay for not a lot activated charcoal ,also a remedy for food poisoning and over doses ,helps whiten teeth, crazy I know,it's a top antioxidant ,
You can get tablets in Holland and Barrett

We have had black squid ink pasta and enjoyed it very much, it looks and tastes different to the usual pasta, nice to try something different.

We have had black squid ink pasta and enjoyed it very much, it looks and tastes different to the usual pasta, nice to try something different.
Yes, its quite delicious and I make it myself (you can buy little sachets of squid ink and just add it to home made pasta dough). The quest to make a vegetarian version continues, however!

Back
Top Bottom