Recipe Blackened Swordfish Sandwich

blades

Local time
10:53 AM
swordfish-sandwich.jpg

Blackened swordfish is nothing more than a swordfish steak pan fried in butter at a temperature that will cause the butter to partially blacken the surface of the fish. We cook this regularly at our house. Since my wife lost the use of her right hand in a stroke, I tend to make sandwiches for her a lot because they are easier for her to eat. Presto a blackened swordfish sandwich. The text below is designed to make a single sandwich. Adjust upward if you are making more than one.

Ingredients

2 tbsp Mayo
1 tsp dry garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 small onion
1/4 bell pepper - I used a yellow one
1 slice tomato
1 lettuce leaf of your choice - I used Boston lettuce.
1 swordfish steak - 1/2" thick
1 dollop butter - how much is that? I don't know but put plenty of butter in the pan.
Bread of your choice - The sandwich pictured is on a toasted ciabatta bun
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Start by making the bread spread which is a spicy lemon aioli. Just mix the first five ingredients in a small bowl. Next prepare The veggies. You can chop them and combine them to cover the aioli on the bread or you can slice them appropriately for the bread you are using. Then prepare and cook the fish. Remove the skin and season the fish with salt, pepper and garlic powder, Heat a skillet, melt a dollop of butter and add the fish. The fish should cook properly in 5 to seven minutes at medium temp depending on the heat applied and thickness of the meat. A higher heat will make the fish blacker while a lower one will do the opposite. Just use your experience to cook and blacken the swordfish. Obviously, as with all fish, avoid overcooking. Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom