BLTs - what are your methods?

My preferred BLT is

Thick cut peppered bacon
Mayo (Miracle whip is for savages)
Thick cut tomatoes
Crisp lettuce

Occasionally I'll add Avocado

As for the bread. I'll eat it either toasted or not. I like the bacon to be the star ingredient.

No apologies needed :) One cut that has fallen out of fashion is 'middle bacon', both back and streaky in the same rasher.

Our supplier has "UK style back" and "UK style middle', either smoked or unsmoked; and "streaky smoked". Average US$9.00/kg.

Both. Unsmoked is probably more common though. Most butchers stock both. I feel a visit to my fave bacon counter coming on tomorrow, photos may follow!

That's the spirit. I look forward to your results. :chef:

CD

That's the spirit. I look forward to your results. :chef:

CD

Slice of soft white bread
Mayo - spread over the entire slice of bread
Thick cut bacon (baked in an oven never in the frying pan)
Slice of tomato
Crisp lettuce leaf
Another slice of mayo slathered soft white bread

Really only like them during summer months when local grown tomatoes are in season

When I have more time and inclination, I'll occasionally fry the bread in the rendered bacon fat. Fried bread is worlds apart from toast.

Silly question probably. Do you mean you put it in a pan like making a grilled cheese or you fry the bread alone before assembly? I agree with your wife (no offense). I've never seen a BLT without toasted bread. ;-0

Silly question probably. Do you mean you put it in a pan like making a grilled cheese or you fry the bread alone before assembly? I agree with your wife (no offense). I've never seen a BLT without toasted bread. ;-0
I fry the bread by itself.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom