Blue cheese = horrible

In the Red Corner: Welsh Dragon and associates
though by the sounds of things you don't know enough about the red corner to make an informed decision....:giggle:
red Leicester, red fox, red devil (welsh one), red Windsor,

and what about the green party? sage derby, green thunder, Cornish yarg and I think I recall a Gloucestershire with herbs and chives?

Gosh, this thread really divides people more than I would have thought. Being a food forum, I would have assumed that most would like blue cheese. Personally I love it. From strong irony and astringent to creamy and mild, bring it on!. P'raps we should have a poll?

The stronger the better, served with a glass of red wine :thumbsup:

though by the sounds of things you don't know enough about the red corner to make an informed decision....:giggle:

and what about the green party? sage derby, green thunder, Cornish yarg and I think I recall a Gloucestershire with herbs and chives?

Red Leicester :headshake:

I sit quite happily in the blue and green parties, red no thank you

Just out of curiosity, do you like Cheetos? Because from what I've read, the cheese powder they use on them is actually powdered. blue cheese that's been colored orange. Incidentally I was also told that Doritos are actually Parmesan cheese blended with garlic powder and other spices, which are too colored orange.

I used to get grossed out by blue cheese as a kid because of the mold, but I don't mind it at all as an adult. I just don't care for it in large quantities, as I find the taste too overbearing. In fact, as much as I love Blue Cheese dressing, I really prefer to make it on my own, so the blue cheese flavor isn't too strong.

So apart from Leicester, Avonmore, (Red) Cheshire, Belton, Pennard Ridge, Westcombe Red, Red Fox, Red Devil and Red Windsor, what are the red cheeses I ought to know about?

I have just discovered a taste for blue cheese. I wouldn't touch it before. I thought it had a horrible smell. I guess it's a bit of an aquired taste. My husband loves it especially with wings, so I found a great recipe for boneless wings and a blue cheese dip. It's fantastic. The blue cheese flavour is there but not overpowering. The dip also has garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and mustard powder. It is a great dip for wings and veggies. My 12 year old son is following my husband and puts blue cheese on his steak.

So apart from Leicester, Avonmore, (Red) Cheshire, Belton, Pennard Ridge, Westcombe Red, Red Fox, Red Devil and Red Windsor, what are the red cheeses I ought to know about?
Dorset red a lightly smoke light cheddar ,very nice from the land of proper cheese

Back
Top Bottom