Votes: 17 63.0%
  • It depends on which type

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends how its used in a recipe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
We have something called Primula that's been about forever.
It's a product sold by the Kavli Trust, all profits go to good causes and they do great work. It taste surprisingly strongly cheesy but then the largest ingredient in it is cheese (it a gouda/cheddar mix) so it should 😂
I emailed them and they said no it's not safe at ambient temps and must be fridged ☹️
Heyho the search continues.

Kavli Trust

We have something called Primula that's been about forever.
It's a product sold by the Kavli Trust, all profits go to good causes and they do great work. It taste surprisingly strongly cheesy but then the largest ingredient in it is cheese (it a gouda/cheddar mix) so it should 😂
I emailed them and they said no it's not safe at ambient temps and must be fridged ☹️
Heyho the search continues.

Kavli Trust
I know they do sell some shelf stable cheeses at some retailers (World Market in the US does) that actually have real cheese in them, but once you open them you must eat it all in one sitting or refrigerate it.

So the site will allow "frig" but your computer won't, or what? Or is it your moral compass, LOL?

I know they do sell some shelf stable cheeses at some retailers (World Market in the US does) that actually have real cheese in them, but once you open them you must eat it all in one sitting or refrigerate it.

So the site will allow "frig" but your computer won't, or what? Or is it your moral compass, LOL?

Oh I can type frig, I just feel like I'm swearing at you 😆

"What the frig?"

"They're busy frigging"

"What the friggin' hell is going on here?"

and so on.

Oh I can type frig, I just feel like I'm swearing at you 😆

"What the frig?"

"They're busy frigging"

"What the friggin' hell is going on here?"

and so on.
Well I don't friggin' take it that way, LOL. Young people use friggin' all the time here (as opposed to the other term) and no one bats and eyelash.

Maybe from now on I will type out "frige" instead for an abbreviation. The darned "D" in "fridge" doesn't belong there!

You have to go for the good stuff. It's in an old-fashion crock. :wink: :D

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 4.12.38 PM.png

CD

Something I've always been curious about.
Is there a reason for calling blue cheese " Bleu" cheese, in the USA?
I see "bleu" and I think Louisiana, French, etc. Could that be it?

Anybody ever watch Snow Dogs? It's a good family friendly film. Blue cheese plays a big role in it.

Something I've always been curious about.
Is there a reason for calling blue cheese " Bleu" cheese, in the USA?
I see "bleu" and I think Louisiana, French, etc. Could that be it?
You know I don't eat the stuff, but when I was young and my family would eat it, I think that the cheese situation in the US was so abominable that the only kind of good blue cheese to be obtained was likely imported from France--in our house at least, anyway. I was very young but I think I remember seeing "Bleu" cheese on the packaging in the frig.

Back
Top Bottom