2 cups milk
¼ cup stone ground mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
3 cups cubed Swiss Cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Use a paring knife or fork to poke several holes into each bratwurst. Add the beer and caraway to a large skillet, then add the bratwurst to the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove the bratwurst to a cutting board and allow to cool and reserve the beer and the caraway from the skillet. Set aside to cool.

Tear the pretzel rolls into bite sized pieces and place them in a large bowl. Add the drained sauerkraut to the pretzel bowl.

Once cool, chop the bratwurst into 1" pieces, then add the chopped brats to the pretzel bowl, along with the reserved beer from the skillet and stir well to combine.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the brat and pretzel mixture. Add the cubed Swiss cheese and thyme leaves into the bowl and stir very well to combine.

Spray a 3 quart covered casserole dish with olive oil spray. Spoon the bratwurst and pretzel mixture evenly into the prepared casserole dish.

Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 60-70 minutes. Remove the cover and continue baking for an additional 45 minutes, or until the center is set and when a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.

Recipe courtesy of www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

How are you keeping that boyish figure? Who is eating all this food?

How are you keeping that boyish figure? Who is eating all this food?
Thank you for noticing my efforts...both in the kitchen and at the bathroom scale (which is in my pub, actually). :)

I was 205lbs in August last year, and I weighed myself yesterday morning, and I'm down to 177lbs. No secret, I'm doing a variation of the same things I did when I had to lose a lot of weight 20 years ago:

1. Smaller portions
2. Exercise
3. Much less booze

According to the doc, at just under 5' 10" I'm still overweight, so I'm trying to get down in the 160's - just to see if I can do it. If I can, that'll be my weight when I was about 22yo, maybe.

Thank you for noticing my efforts...both in the kitchen and at the bathroom scale (which is in my pub, actually). :)

I was 205lbs in August last year, and I weighed myself yesterday morning, and I'm down to 177lbs. No secret, I'm doing a variation of the same things I did when I had to lose a lot of weight 20 years ago:

1. Smaller portions
2. Exercise
3. Much less booze

According to the doc, at just under 5' 10" I'm still overweight, so I'm trying to get down in the 160's - just to see if I can do it. If I can, that'll be my weight when I was about 22yo, maybe.
Nice! I dropped about 14 pounds since November, cutting back on booze alone. I eat about the same. I need to exercise more. Good idea of putting the scale in the pub, lol. A reminder to drink less :laugh:

It just occurred to me that you could get your weight to match your mindset, LOLOLOLOL

So are you 20 or 120 today?
Well, let's do the math...it's 73F and sunny out, so on the one hand, I feel like a frisky young man of 19, but I'm still grumpy about the tile installers bailing on me today, so that makes me feel like a crotchety old man of 75...5 plus 3...2 goes into 94...square root of the cosine...alternate timelines in the multiverse...47!

But I was a handful at 47... :wink:

Well, let's do the math...it's 73F and sunny out, so on the one hand, I feel like a frisky young man of 19, but I'm still grumpy about the tile installers bailing on me today, so that makes me feel like a crotchety old man of 75...5 plus 3...2 goes into 94...square root of the cosine...alternate timelines in the multiverse...47!

But I was a handful at 47... :wink:
I am sure Mrs. Tasty would say you are a handful all the time.

1. Smaller portions
2. Exercise
3. Much less booze

Really? I'm 5'11" and fluctuate between 160 and 170. But, I have the family's genetic curse of bird legs, which keeps my weight down. If you have normal legs, 5'10" and 177 doesn't sound bad, to me.

CD

Really? I'm 5'11" and fluctuate between 160 and 170. But, I have the family's genetic curse of bird legs, which keeps my weight down. If you have normal legs, 5'10" and 177 doesn't sound bad, to me.

CD
Yeah, it puts my BMI at 26.something-or-other, just into the overweight stage.

I'm not worried about my weight at all right now. The last time I weighed 177 was probably 2002.

Back
Top Bottom