Breaking The Routine

Upon reflection, my life for the ten or so years prior to Covid were never routine, even though in a way it was.

My "routine" was flying from city to city, state to state, photographing cars. I could be in five cities in four states in one week. So, in a way, it was a "routine," but it was also different all the time.

The most repetitive part was flying. That was boring after a day or two. Time spent in airports was also a drag. Eating at restaurants all the time got old fast, too. I actually like staying in hotels, as long as they are nice. It was pretty rare that I stayed in a crappy hotel.

Getting home and cooking was definitely my "therapy" for that routine. Even things like doing yard work was relaxing.

CD

My routine breaks when my wife isnt working, like now and the school holidays. She likes structure, I like to just come and go. She doesn't start back until end of January, grrr

Russ

I decided to start using eye makeup again. I have a ton of makeup that I don't use, and now that I'm working from home and people rarely see me I think putting on makeup is a waste of time and product, but, all that makeup I own is just getting older without being used, so I decided to start using some of it again.

I love makeup but I use it to add color and fun to how I look, not to get that "picture perfect" look (I hate that). Think green eyeshadow and barbie pink lipstick, that's the stuff I like - the kind of thing that wouldn't look out of place during Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, not so much in the office. Anyway I decided to start using eyeshadow again. I'll probably get tired of it some time soon. That's just how I am with makeup, the stuff I like is too much "in your face" and I get tired of the discreet stuff really soon.

now that I'm working from home and people rarely see me

Well - you could post pics here for us to see. I always used to wear eyeliner - not so much lipstick. But since the first lockdown I rarely bother as nobody sees me. Maybe I should make more effort. I like make up on men and women. Its all fun really.

I decided to start using eye makeup again. I have a ton of makeup that I don't use, and now that I'm working from home and people rarely see me I think putting on makeup is a waste of time and product, but, all that makeup I own is just getting older without being used, so I decided to start using some of it again.

I love makeup but I use it to add color and fun to how I look, not to get that "picture perfect" look (I hate that). Think green eyeshadow and barbie pink lipstick, that's the stuff I like - the kind of thing that wouldn't look out of place during Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, not so much in the office. Anyway I decided to start using eyeshadow again. I'll probably get tired of it some time soon. That's just how I am with makeup, the stuff I like is too much "in your face" and I get tired of the discreet stuff really soon.
I stopped wearing any make-up when the shut downs started.
Well - you could post pics here for us to see. I always used to wear eyeliner - not so much lipstick. But since the first lockdown I rarely bother as nobody sees me. Maybe I should make more effort. I like make up on men and women. Its all fun really.
I did wear lipstick from time to time in the last 2+ years, but what's the point of it when you have to wear a mask?
It just smears all over the inside of the mask ... and I agree with LissaC it's a waste of product.
It's sad though, because I had been hunting for my favorite shade of lipstick that is no longer in production and I was almost out of my last tub... I found a company in New York that makes custom make-up! It was a bit spendy, but so worth it.
Geez, maybe I should go back to lipstick and maybe some brow pencil again. I did use a powder eye liner ... I should go back to this just for myself.

Last edited:
You will be disappointed, I still look very discrete, just added a bit of pink shimmery eyeshadow as I am still working and do a lot of video calls everyday, trying to keep it classy in the remote office :laugh: But I always keep it simple on the eyes because I have allergies and my eyes are often itchy, the boldest I can do is eyeshadow or eyeliner in vivid colors on the top lid. I'll take pics if I do anything bolder.

Hey I am exactly the same. I always use kohl pencils and thats usually it

A coworker once had an allergy to something in her cheap makeup and had to go sans makeup for a week or so. She was one of those who makes up herself to perfection. Full coverage foundation, concealer and whatnot, her face looked absolutely flawlessly. Seeing her without makeup was shocking, she didn't look like the same person at all.

I'm not into wearing make-up, but I am considering starting to wear pants again, even when I don't have to go anywhere. I have too many pants gathering dust in my closet, which seems like a waste of products.

CD

I'm not into wearing make-up, but I am considering starting to wear pants again, even when I don't have to go anywhere. I have too many pants gathering dust in my closet, which seems like a waste of products.

CD
Don't laugh! I finally got DH to donate his 'work clothes' (suits) to the charity shop after 15 years of retirement!
Oh and the dappy dan shoes, ties, and belts too! Someone else could use those. They were just taking up room in the closet.
"HEH! Don't throw away my clothes! I might need those."
Yeah right buddy!
His uniform of the day is now "lounge-wear" aka pajama pants an under shirt and cheap House Slippers.
How the world has changed... now that's expectable street clothes, even away from Walmart! :facepalm:

CD
It's funny, because my wife is watching Emily In Paris, which is shot...wait for it...in Paris, and all the guys are perfectly attired in classically fashionable ensembles, like striped blazers and linen trousers, and I sit there and think, "I could be wearing that! I have that! But I don't have anywhere to go!" :laugh:

It's funny, because my wife is watching Emily In Paris, which is shot...wait for it...in Paris, and all the guys are perfectly attired in classically fashionable ensembles, like striped blazers and linen trousers, and I sit there and think, "I could be wearing that! I have that! But I don't have anywhere to go!" :laugh:
Trust me the men in Paris don't dress like that! I may have liked Paris a bit more if they did.

Back
Top Bottom