Broccoli cooking

Have to admit, I don´t like microwaved veg at all. I always feel there´s something wrong with the texture.
Must just be me:cool:

In my experience, the texture is only affected if they are overcooked. Asparagus is fantastic microwaved and retains a beautiful colour. Here is some in the container I microwaved them in:

In my experience, the texture is only affected if they are overcooked. Asparagus is fantastic microwaved and retains a beautiful colour. Here is some in the container I microwaved them in:

View attachment 74689

I wrap asparagus in wet paper towels and microwave. The wet towels create some steam. They do turn out quite nice.

CD

Last edited:
I usually steam broccoli on the stovetop, then finish it in a little flavored olive oil in a skillet, just to give it a little char.

Before I started doing that, I was a big fan of those Ziploc-brand steamer bags. Just fill them with whatever veg you like, give them a quick rinse-and-drain, toss in some butter or oil or bacon grease for flavor, then microwave for the time advised on the bag for your particular veg.

I stopped doing that when I realized I had a perfectly good stovetop steamer sitting in my cupboard, gathering dust.

Back
Top Bottom