Bucket List Recipes

No, they are flour based like the dough recipe. I do have a dumpling cookbook, Dumplings All Day Wong or something like that by Lee Ann Wong, 1 of the Top Chef contestants. I know there is a rice flour dough recipe in there, maybe a tapioca one too. I can look and take a photo for you via PM if there is if you want.
I have recently gotten that book, looks wonderful.

But the specific recipe I want to make uses tapioca flour only... I had that appetizer at a Vietnamese restaurant a couple years back, and really want to recreate it!

I did find an online recipe, I just failed at making that dough wrapper! With tapioca, the wrapper will turn out translucent, a cool effect.

I do have some pre-made wrappers in my freezer, but they're wheat.

Last edited:
Oh, I misread that as "kick the bucket recipes"... :wink:

AAKvVnp.img.jpeg

Bucket list recipes eh? Many dishes in that category are (to me) dishes I haven't tried making yet. Not meant to sound full of myself, I didn't say I could make them, or make them well LOL! I'm just saying I'm keen to try anything once regardless of the results!

So maybe I'll list some dishes where I think there might be a barrier to me making them (whether it be time or physical):
Cold Smoked Salmon (you know, the "Nova" kind) or any other fish that benefits from that treatment (wahoo, sailfish, marlin)
The perfect Smoked Brisket (so hard to master it)
The perfect Ramen ties with the perfect Pho for an experience which requires a whole day of preparing broth from scratch

Back
Top Bottom