Ingredients
Carrots, 4 medium
Tomatoes, 6 medium
Celery, chopped 1/2 stalk
Salt to taste
Ice cubes, as required
Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons

Method
  • Cut carrots into one-inch cubes and tomatoes into quarters and freeze them for some time. Put the frozen tomato cubes in a blender/smoothie maker and blend.
  • Add frozen carrot cubes and blend again. Add celery pieces, salt and pepper powder and blend again. Add ice cubes, freshly extracted lemon juice and blend again.
  • Serve chilled in a stemmed glass.
  • Enjoy!

http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Carrot-And-Tomato-Smoothie-KhaanaKhazana.html

In a morning drink!!
For some people, didn't you know that? I bought a new blender yesterday and decided to try a carrot smoothie just because I wanted to do something with the aged carrots I needed to get rid off. I thought it was awful. Put that with tomatoes, I don't know I am going to love this.

Last edited:
For some people, didn't you know that? I bought a new blender yesterday and decided to try a carrot smoothie just because I wanted to do something with the aged carrots I needed to get rid off. I thought it was awful.
Now add the tomato's!

I edited my earlier post. I am not excited about adding the tomatoes.
You probably know already that I'm not a fan of smoothies. Its become a trend just like cupcakes and coconut oil and gluten free diets and ... well the list goes on. However, perhaps you would have been better off useing less aged carrots? :D

Found one called "Breakfast in a glass". A Bacon, Egg & Tomato smoothie.

They're not as new as people think either. Just the fact the means of making have become more readily available and their use changed

You probably know already that I'm not a fan of smoothies. Its become a trend just like cupcakes and coconut oil and gluten free diets and ... well the list goes on. However, perhaps you would have been better off useing less aged carrots? :D
For me smoothies are an easier way to consume veggies. I struggle to eat some vegetables put on my plate so a smoothie is my safe route.

Brussel Sprouts?
I love Brussel sprouts - roasted, with pecans - not so sure about in a smoothie though. I'm not keen on bought smoothies; they usually are just an excuse to use up loads of bananas. Having said that, I went into Romford one day and stopped at a pop-up smoothie bar and had a gorgeous one full of all sorts of fruit but no bananas. The bloke who made it even washed the flask out thoroughly before he made it because I made a point of telling him I was allergic to them.

I love Brussel sprouts - roasted, with pecans - not so sure about in a smoothie though. I'm not keen on bought smoothies; they usually are just an excuse to use up loads of bananas. Having said that, I went into Romford one day and stopped at a pop-up smoothie bar and had a gorgeous one full of all sorts of fruit but no bananas. The bloke who made it even washed the flask out thoroughly before he made it because I made a point of telling him I was allergic to them.
Very few bananas in the ones I've posted though!

Back
Top Bottom