Local time
5:03 PM
CARROT GINGER TURMERIC SMOOTHIE.jpg
Ingredients

Carrot Juice
2 cups (~275 g) carrots
1 1/2 cups (360 ml) filtered water

Smoothie
1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen (more for a sweeter smoothie)
1 cup (140 g) frozen or fresh pineapple
1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled)
1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or sub cinnamon)
1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice (~1/2 small lemon)
1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk

Instructions
  • Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender and blending on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it has trouble blending / scrape down sides as needed.
  • Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as Carrot Muffins).
  • Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar - will keep for several days, though best when fresh.
  • To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
  • Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more banana or pineapple for sweetness, lemon for acidity, ginger for bite, and turmeric for warmth.
  • Divide between two glasses and serve. Best when fresh.

http://minimalistbaker.com/carrot-ginger-turmeric-smoothie/

Last edited:
I think this will make a good option for someone like me who wishes to consume more fruit and vegetables. I will be adding a celery stalk for a mild kick. I wonder if the turmeric powder is just for color?

I always had my own smoothies that I drink early morning after I wake up and it is a combination of carrots, cucumber, apple, banana, pears, and kiwi. This had made me to be healthy all through the years when I started taking this kind of smoothies every morning. I inherited this from my mother who is 84 years old already and she had been taking this for a long time ago. And this really do wonders for her health because at her age she is still healthy and active and not sickly. Your smoothies seems to be interesting. Maybe I will make it a try for a change in my smoothies. We already knew that ginger had great health benefits too that is why my mother sometimes is making a tea from the fresh ginger and is drinking this also.

I don't like ginger but other then that this smoothie sounds really good. I may have to give it a try. It is a great way to get your fruit and veggies in. @ReadmeByAmy the smoothie you described sounds quite tasty. I am going to try that one. Glad to hear that your mom is doing so well at her age. That is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom